We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Dear all,

i am a new user of MODx, i have installed on mac with mamp a fresh installation of modx 2.4.3-pl standard and i need to edit .ht.access file in core directory for securing directory.

as many users write i edit htaccess like this

IndexIgnore */*
    <Files *>
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny from all
    </Files>

all works but after 1 or two pages browsing in manager, the cms automatically rename .htaccess to .htaccess.access

it's strange!

the same behavior with ROOT .htaccess, if I rename it and after 1 click in manager the modx engine automatically rename to .htaccess.access

i don't understand.

Any ideas?

Thank in advance
    D

• 24,544 Posts
      MODX doesn't even know the .htaccess file exists, so it's not MODX unless you've installed an extra that has something to do with the .htaccess file.

I suspect it's something your host has installed that runs on every request, so it does the renaming when you click because that generates a new page request.

It's possible that the host has just reconfigured things so that Apache uses htaccess.access instead of .htaccess and the renaming is just a convenience for you.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Mar 17, 2016, 07:30 PM
        MODX doesn't even know the .htaccess file exists, so it's not MODX unless you've installed an extra that has something to do with the .htaccess file.

I suspect it's something your host has installed that runs on every request, so it does the renaming when you click because that generates a new page request.

It's possible that the host has just reconfigured things so that Apache uses htaccess.access instead of .htaccess and the renaming is just a convenience for you.

Dear Bob i have already opened ticket on my hosting provider, keep you update wink
          • 3 Posts
          Hi Bob,

Solved! The problem is my IDE , netbeans, i don't know why, but seems that it rename htaccess files ...bha ... modx isn't the problem wink

Thx for reply

Bye
            • 24,544 Posts
            That's truly odd. wink

I switched from Netbeans to PhpStorm a long time ago, mainly because PhpStorm has infinitely better error checking (at least it did when I switched). It saves me *many* hours of frustration.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting