We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    Quote from: treigh at Oct 03, 2018, 12:11 PM
    Quote from: geordiechris at Oct 03, 2018, 09:42 AM
    Hi pixelstation

I realise we're a way down the road here, but have you found Quill to be a robust blogging solution?
    Like yourself, I have found this to be a major issue with MODX.

And with reference to Quill, it appears to be a good option but like most other things in MODX, the instruction is
    sparse and just painfully woolly at times (for me anyway).
    That said, as these projects are, after all, open source, they are, despite my gripings, genuinely appreciated.
    Of course my knowledge (or lack of it) is without doubt also a contributing factor too, of course.

However I find myself unable to utilise certain extras, often on account of their intricacies and/or vague instruction.
    I just find myself floundering in the MODX surf too many times.

I was therefore just wondering whether you may have adopted Quill and if so, might there be a way for me to 'acquire' some kind of more in-depth,
    step-by-step instruction on how to use this extra going forward.
    For example, I have found something as basic as displaying the Author's name a source of great frustration.

Any help/pointers would honestly be greatly appreciated.

Apologies to all for the negative vibe.

But many thanks all the same

@geordiechris I hear you. For what it's worth, I'm planning to release a more stable and streamlined version of Quill in the coming weeks. This will hopefully address most of your concerns.
      • 89 Posts
      @treigh

Just to reiterate, I honestly do appreciate the time invested in this open source work.
      Personally I just find sometimes I get lost in the woods when trying to pick apart or reverse engineer stuff.
      Maybe my lack of nouse renders the (not quite The Idiot's Guide) step-by-step approach my most efficient method of learning.
      Anyway, you have filled me with good cheer once again and I look forward to the update.

Have a good day