We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Hello, I am about to embark on a new project. I have seen many discussions of members areas and so that part shouldn't be too bad, (there will be some pages only available in that area) but i need my users to be able to upload their files to their own 'page', and see the list of their uploaded files. I also need the system to alert the admin when a file is uploaded, but that can't be too tough.

No collaboration is needed at this time, just each user has their own page of uploads, and that page is not available to other users.

So, anyone got an idea about how to do this? I don't think it is very difficult in Modx at all, but just don't have a sense about how to handle the file uploading, I mean I know the tools for uploading of course...in some sense I need a 'profile' for each user, not in the sense of info like age and location, but just in the sense that the user has their home page. Maybe I am not making much sense now.

Anyways, any thoughts are most welcome tongue

This question has been answered by goldsky. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      Just try to upload the files to their own folders.
      For folder structure, can be like:
      assets/uploads/[[+modx.user.id]]/

Then for listing, you do the same on giving any &getDir=`assets/uploads/[[+modx.user.id]]/` property.

Rico
        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
        • 1,154 Posts
        Sweet! Thank you goldsky, very valuable information. Greatly appreciated.
          • 79 Posts
          Just to tell that I am working on the same project too and the offered solution from goldsky is working great.

You can use Upload to Users CMP together with Login snippet, FileUpload and FileDownload R with the additional settings. The only problem was with entering the path which have to be the root path but that's because I didn't realized it at the beginning - it's written in the Settings and in the installation.

Here you can check my solution of the above:

https://forums.modx.com/thread/99893/upload-to-users-cmp-problem-with-path#dis-post-540233
            peace&love / bike&ride