We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 288 Posts
    I'm still struggling with the Discuss forums I've set up and have found that I can't make a post "sticky" or "locked" in any forum I set up- even if I'm logged on as administrator. Whichever user account I use, I make sure they're a forum moderator but if I go into edit the post, tick "Sticky" and "Locked" then Save (and even if I click the other Save button in the main screen) if I go back in, those two options are unticked, and the Allow Replies option is ticked.

I want to disable this as I'm trying to add a sticky post for forum guidelines that the users can download.

Anyone else seen this (pretty major) bug and have any ideas what to do about it?

Thanks
      • 1,154 Posts
      You want to be on the *front* end, inside the manager there is also a method to do this but it doesn't work. From your comments I gather that you are trying inside the manager (components>discuss), that way doesn't work for most post or topic (thread) management. No save button on the front end.

So, go into the forum itself, (logged in of course) go to the sub-forum (list of topics) and click on the post you want, open it.

If you have mod rights you should see a bar at the very bottom of the screen, you might not even notice it, the default color is dark green. Its very low key, placed down at the very bottom of your screen.

If you have mod rights over a post or thread then you will see this bar at bottom of the page of that post or thread. This is the place for most post management.

The bar has the buttons for all of these functions, Move, Remove, Spam, Pin and Lock. I just checked it to be sure, they work ok.

If you need mod rights, that has to be done inside the manager, components>discuss user groups tab then right-click on Forum Moderators and you can add your user name.

PS it won't matter if your user is a sudo user, in Discuss the mod list is I believe all that matters. Which actually makes sense I guess. [ed. note: nuan88 last edited this post 8 years, 1 month ago.]