We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I having a hard time trying to get Friendly URLS up and working. I never had this problem before, in many hosting I used. I'm using now Mochahost and have done the MODx 2.4.3-pl install through Softacolous.

After some tweaking: turning off Rewrite Engine for manager subfolder, deleting the caché subfolder and turning compress_css and compress_js from 1 to 0, I could (more or less) work with the Manager. But... when accessing the root document of a Collection (like Blog) it continues to kick me off the manager, with the JSON message error authorisation error: "success":false,"code":401 and also some other messages involving xPDO connector (sometimes, sometimes not).

Anyway, all the problems are gone, after turning Friendly URLs off. And it's quite strange to me that it happens ONLY with Collections.

Is there anybody else having these problems? Some advice? It is really boring not to be able to use Friendly URLs, after years of using them without a problem. In fact, I wonder if this is a problem with the MODx update or the server. I have being running many other applications without a problem in Mochahost, thus I guess it is a MODx problem.

But, I don't see other users having the same issue.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Do you have this tag in the head section of all templates?

<base href="[[++site_url]" />

BTW, many people have reported trouble with Softaculous MODX installs.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 2 Posts
        First, sorry to take this long to answer, but I had to deliver the project, deadline was almost overdue.

Second, I´ll take advantage of this opportunity to let you know how grateful I am with you. I have learned more from MODx from you, than from any other source. Both, through this forum and your amazing BogGuides. Truly said, I owe you.

That said, I couldn't get FURL working properly. And I tried with hardcoded base, in some of the many attempts to get them working.

I do have the href base included in all the templates through a standard head chunk that is always include in the templates.

When I migrated from Evo to Revo I started using <base href="[[!++site_url]]"> based in some reading (but can´t recall where). I understood this avoid the base to get cached, and I never had a problem before with this, thus I guess this could also be a correct syntax. Is this the case? Could be the case that letting the base to get cached is the correct way to go?

The thing is; FURLs, when enabled, work like expected for the anonymous web user, navigation is okay and all the pages are displayed, with the correct FURL. But, once you login into the Manager, if you try to edit a Collection, there is trouble. I took a look at the Collection code, but I wasn't able to spot a problem. This is a consistent problem. But, also there are some random errors and messages here and there about not being able to display some pages, mostly due to xPDO connection failure.

Typing the URL directly into the URL direction field of the browser, makes any difference. But this works just fine for any Doc or Child that doesn't belong to a Collection. I wouldn't say that the problem is the Collections code, because of those other random messages, that don't appear when FURL is disable.

In fact, the customer doesn't care about FURL so much as I do, but I would like to get them working, anyway. But, being already in production I wouldn't like to mess around with the code.

Best,
          • 24,544 Posts
          Thanks for the kind words. smiley

Calling the site_url tag uncached (with the !) is necessary when you have multiple front-end contexts. Doing it in other cases shouldn't cause any trouble at all, though.

It does sound like an issue with Collections. I've never used it, so I can't be much help there.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting