We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Hello,

I have nearly finished my project that got me into modx and it is looking great, I have gone from having never heard of modx to using custom CMP's integrating Migx and generally building quite a complicated site with the help of everyone on this forum so thanks!

I do have one last question though, I have a credits field in the user profile extended fields which is working fine except that because the credits are added and subtracted within a Sekfancybox popup the place on the page which displays the amount of credits a user has does not refresh automatically without a page reload and that means that it displays the wrong amount of credits to the user.

Unfortunately my jquery and ajax knowledge is pretty poor at best and I have tried for ages but I cannot get this to refresh the content without a full page reload.

Currently I am calling the field with:

[[!Profile]][[+credits]]

It works fine in function but if anyone can point me in the right direction to get it to dynamically update that would be great. If all else fails I will just get the parent page to reload when the SekFancybox is closed.

Many thanks
    David
    • Ehm, you definitely need Ajax to get the dynamic credits.
        Rico
        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.