We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I noticed problem in MODX Revolution 2.4.3 modifiers does not work eg. [[++some_var:isnot=`value`:then=`....`:else=`...`]] . In 2.3.6 it is OK
      • 68 Posts
      I've just done the following test and it seems to work fine on 2.4.3, are you sure [[++some_var]] is correct, perhaps it should be a single + [[+some_var]] or even possibly [[*some_var]] depending on where/how its used?

[[++site_name:isnot=``:then=`It's not empty!`]]
      [ed. note: natedin last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
        • 24,544 Posts
        That tag would be correct if it's a System Setting, but make sure that System Setting exists and has a value.

If not, it should be + or * as suggested.

There are other reports of certain types of nested tags not working in 2.4.3 due to a change in the parser. If the tag is in a chunk, you could try moving it up to the Template or page content.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 2 Posts
          Thanks for replies. There is not problem with placeholder type (*,+,....) . Modifiers do not work at all. If I downgrade to 2.36 then everything work well. Maybe there is important information that modx is installed / upgraded via Gitify engine. Is tit possible there would be a problem?
            • 21 Posts
            not sure it's related to your issue but 2.4.3 seems to be more strict concerning cached/un-cached calls.
            It broke most of my FormIt forms that contained not-explicitly un-cached calls like
            [[+fi.preview:neq=`1`:then=``]] 

Setting them not to be !cached fixed it:
            [[!+fi.preview:neq=`1`:then=``]] 
              ▙▚▚▜ I don't think I can, you see, I'd have to want to ▙▚▚▜