We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • for better SEO , i want to have each language in a subfolder :

mysite.com/fr/ … for french,
    mysite.com/en/ … for english,

I tried Babel, and it works like this, and it's OK.
    But now, i just tried Lingua, and in the Manager, it's just perfect… Better than Babel, my client love it !
    It's not necessary to leave the page to fill each language and it's easier for my client.

But i really don't understand how to have the front working with "subfolders" /fr/ or /en/.

- Is there a way to do that ?
    - Any chance to have an example, or a small tutorial ?

thanks per advance.
    /.

made with MODx => France Douglas || Vintage Weekender
    • I've not tested it, yet, but logically you can use .htaccess to redirect user, and another plugin to retrieve content based on url. [ed. note: goldsky last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
        Rico
        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
        • 140 Posts
        Is there any progress on this topic?
        • No, it looks like nobody use i18n with MODx.

I lost myself with .htaccess and URLs rewriting, lost with regex too…
          And never found any good tutorial to explain how to make a multilingual site with MODX AND SEO friendly.
          I mean being able to have unique URLs for each language so Google can reference each of them.

So desappointed, i gave up.
          Maybe i should try wordpress…

• 140 Posts
            Quote from: _lol_ at Jan 17, 2018, 02:27 PM
            No, it looks like nobody use i18n with MODx.

I lost myself with .htaccess and URLs rewriting, lost with regex too…
            And never found any good tutorial to explain how to make a multilingual site with MODX AND SEO friendly.
            I mean being able to have unique URLs for each language so Google can reference each of them.

So desappointed, i gave up.
            Maybe i should try wordpress…

Sad to hear, the extra is amazing so it's hard to believe no one knows how?
              • 932 Posts
              Not familiar with the plugin but if you want seo friendly urls and multi lingual then just create multiple contexts and lexicons to handle the different languages and versions of the site?
                ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
              • The is how the Babel plugin works, but it's not ok for me.
                It means duplicate all the content for each language, it's tedious and boring to check a single TV value in each language.

Lingua is just perfect in the manager. Fast and easy for my customers. fast and easy for me to configure.

The only problem is dealing with URL rewriting…