We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    I am using "TinyMCE Rich Text Editor" as richtext editor and I'd like to have the option Edit->"Paste as plain text" enabled by default. Is there a way to realize this?

Edit: In addition I'd like to set a default height for the editors textarea if possible.

This question has been answered by treniota. See the first response.

[ed. note: alex.gr last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
      Alex G - Application Development Apprentice | New MODX User
      codeblick media
      • 1,145 Posts
      https://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/usage/tinymce-paste-as-plain-text-as-default/
      I have some customers that are DRIVING me nuts and they won't use the "Paste as Plain Text" button when they paste from MS Word.

How can I set my TinyMCE Editor to by default paste as plain text ... so my users don't have to click the button.

Yes I know this is small, but will save me LOADS of hours and emails fixing their mistakes.

This is exactly what you need
      tinymce.init({
          selector: "#selector",
          plugins:"paste",
          height: 200,
          paste_as_text: true
      })
      https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/paste/

If using TinymceWrapper, just paste that in your init chunk, done!
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 28 Posts
        Unfortunately I'm not using TinymceWrapper, means I don't have (can't find) a init chunk. Though I have the option to set a external config in the settings.

Path to the external config file, that will be merged with with defaults from system setting. Config file has to contain valid JSON object.

Any hint how to set it up. If possible without hacking the plugins core files.
        I'm not very experienced so far, but I've tried:

{
          "init": {
            "selector": "#selector",
            "plugins": "paste",
            "height": 200,
            "paste_as_text": true
          }
        }

Path: assets/templates/init.json
          codeblick media
          • 1,145 Posts
          Editing simple things in the Extra you are using is too cumbersome.

In System Settings /manager/?a=system/settings ..search for tinymcerte.plugins, in the field with other words like advlist, add paste

Then in init.json
          {
            "init": {
              "height": 200,
              "paste_as_text": true
            }
          }

If you get stuck, consider switching, if it is a possibility, to TinymceWrapper
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 28 Posts
            didn't work unfortunately
            Tried TinymceWrapper, but I'm usually scrapping everything that adds additional unnecessary plugins "elfinder" in this case. It also created 4 new resources, which increments my resource id's, which is not what I want to do, now I have to go through the database deleting the instances... edit: at least resetting the auto increment isn't a big deal, everything back to normal. [ed. note: alex.gr last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
              codeblick media
              • 1,145 Posts
              Roadmap for TinymceWrapper will let you choose what to install, so you won't have this problem.
              • discuss.answer
                • 8 Posts
                In tinymcerte settings (System Settings & Events) there is a setting:

Past as text (tinymcerte.paste_as_text). Set it to "yes".