We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    I finally got it figured out!

After reading over the message from the host I got to thinking about the part that said the home directory path was incorrect, so I changed the filepath in the core/config/config.inc.php file to the path they provided me. After doing this I was getting the error message

Could not find action file at: /home/users/web/b2424/nf.toburn/public_html/toburn.ca/modx/manager/controllers/default/security/login.php

I manually deleted the files in the core/cache directory and was finally able to login and access the manager.

Thanks for all your help Bob smiley
      • 24,544 Posts
      I'm glad I could help. smiley
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 17 Posts
        Bob, looks like I've got another problem. Now that my site was live again it was time to redirect the domain to the new site. I did this by redirecting the domain to /public_html/toburn.ca/modx. This caused me to get webpages with just text no formatting, so I changed the filepath in core/config/config.inc.php to reflect the change by removing the /modx in the filepath. This did allow for most of the formatting to reappear except for any images. I also cannot login to the manager again. I have change my login address to toburn.ca/manager instead of toburn.ca/modx/manager to reflect the filepath change. I'm receiving the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b2424/nf.toburn/public_html/toburn.ca/modx/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php on line 605

I notice that this error is once again referencing the wrong filepath /hermes/bosnaweb22a/ should be /home/users/web/ not sure where I've missed changing the filepath.
          • 24,544 Posts
          The only places there are paths and URLs that could affect login are config.inc.php and the three config.core.php files (plus the RewriteBase line in .htaccess).

Try using private or incognito mode in your browser in case the problem is the browser cache or cookies.

If that doesn't work, turn off friendly URLs in the modx_system_settings table in the DB and rename .htaccess in the root.

Be sure to delete all files in the core/cache directory after making any changes and always use private or incognito mode in your browser.

My MODX Extras
            • 17 Posts
            I've tried incognito and it is the same.

I've checked the config.core.php files and I'm not seeing anywhere that I've missed.

Friendly URLs are off, (assuming that 0 means off), I never had them turned on either.
            .htaccess does not exist in the root (only ht.access)

I've tried deleting core/cache files every time I've made any changes and still not making any difference.
              • 17 Posts
              Hi Bob,

I figured out what I did wrong smiley. I had removed the modx/ from the filepaths as well as the urls in the config.core.php file. This had given me the basic styling on the webpages but wasn't linking to the image files, and wasn't giving me access to the login screen. I got to thinking maybe I wasn't supposed to change it in both so I decided that it made the most sense to leave the modx/ in the full filepaths but remove it from the urls like below

if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_PATH')) {
                  $modx_manager_path= '/home/users/web/b2424/nf.toburn/public_html/toburn.ca/modx/manager/';
                  $modx_manager_url= '/manager/';
                  define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', $modx_manager_path);
                  define('MODX_MANAGER_URL', $modx_manager_url);
              }

This appears to have been my problem as after making the change and clearing my core/cache files, everything looks to be working properly once again.

Thanks once again for all your help, it looks like this one is finally finished smiley
                • 24,544 Posts
                That looks correct. I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
                  My MODX Extras