We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hi,
    there has been reported a bug that since 2.4.1 - Revo is creating a duplicated document or a NewsPublisher Resource using the same alias, and there is no warning to the user:
    https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/12687

In NewsPublisher by Bob Ray you can avoid duplicate alias names by aliasprefix property: prefixing alias with a timestamp. As I have to store even minutes because of plenty ressources, that's getting pretty long.

I was looking for a way to prefix (or to append) an id to the alias, this way avoiding ugly timestamps and date formats.

Does anybody (Bob?) see a way to do this?

Or has there been found another solution I may miss? Thanks!
      • 1,145 Posts
      Yea, seems to be a serious problem.
      MODX should not allow it in the very first place, within the same context

NewsPublisher - http://bobsguides.com/newspublisher-tutorial.html
      &aliastitle — (0/1) Use this if you want an automatic alias for your resources (a hyphenated, lowercase version of the pagetitle).
      &aliasprefix — (string) prefix for aliases, used only if alias is empty. Alias will be prefix + raw unix timestamp, unless &aliasdateformat is set.
      &aliasdateformat — (string) Format for alias timestamp. If alias is empty and this is set, the alias will be the prefix (if any) + a formatted date/time. It's strongly recommended to include minutes and seconds in this to avoid duplicate aliases.
      [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 3 months ago.]
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.