We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5,888 Posts
    Extras->MIGX
      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • 670 Posts
      Quote from: Bruno17 at Jan 21, 2016, 05:43 PM
      Extras->MIGX

Thanks - I have nothing in here though. The Migx is currently set up directly in a TV - so no other configuration. Sorry - no idea about this, and I find the docs all refer to old versions where the menus they refer to don't exist any more.
        • 1,145 Posts
        Could you give at least one row of the CSV so that I see what data you are working with?
        TinyJSON Gallery might be useful
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 670 Posts
          The CSV can be formatted any way that works really - but I'm thinking something like this:

image-title,image-path,image-description,image-category
          Example 1,assets/images/gallery/A/example1.jpg,This is Image 1,Category A
          Example 2,assets/images/gallery/B/example2.jpg,This is Image 2,Category B

etc etc

I did a search for the TinyJSON Gallery extra but couldn't find it, or anything on Google?

I feel like the best way is to use Migx, but I don't know how to pull the csv into Migx - I know others have tried to explain, but I've got no real experience of Migx, so don't understand how to do it.

Any help will be much appreciated!

ANdy
            • 1,145 Posts
            MIGX can do anything like this, but if you are still stuck...

TinyJSONGallery is new and comes as a snippet in TinymceWrapper http://modx.com/extras/package/tinymcewrapper
            Install it, go to TinymceWrapper plugin properties, enableImageGallery

Then open this demo chunk, NatureAlbum_myGallery, that's all for setup.

Convert your CSV to JSON and add/paste the JSON in the chunk, then hit options --> build from Server or Chunk
            A chunk becomes your gallery
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 670 Posts
              Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 22, 2016, 09:13 AM

TinyJSONGallery is new and comes as a snippet in TinymceWrapper http://modx.com/extras/package/tinymcewrapper

Convert your CSV to JSON and add/paste the JSON in the chunk, then hit options --> build from Server or Chunk

Thanks so much for this - I will go and try it right away!

Thanks again - every day is a school day!

Andy
                • 670 Posts
                Quote from: tm2000 at Jan 22, 2016, 09:27 AM
                Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 22, 2016, 09:13 AM

Getting an error:
                Could not download and create transport package with signature: tinymcewrapper-2.2.1-beta2

I'll try and install it manually, but thought I'd mention it in case there's a problem

• 1,145 Posts
                  What version of MODX Revo are you using?
                    • 670 Posts
                    Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 22, 2016, 09:41 AM
                    What version of MODX Revo are you using?

Version: 2.4.2

I've installed it manually - but I cannot find the TinymceWrapper plugin properties to enableImageGallery - where are the settings? I've searched through the system settings
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      Nothing is in System Settings.

In your resource/element tree, scroll down to plugins, find the folder TinymceWrapper, then TinymceWrapper Plugin
                      Open the plugin, 3rd tab is properties --click Default Properties Locked, scroll down, find enableImageGallery.

Then open the chunk I mentioned earlier, you'll see this in the textarea
                      [{"Location":"assets/components/tinymcewrapper/gallery/stockImages/nature/&autoCreateThumb=1&justJSON=1&options=w=178,h=117,zc=t"}]

In the options button where the Save button used to be, top right of the browser, find Build...