We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • This is a support forum for AdvSearch 2.0.0-beta1.

Highlight new features:
    - it's now supporting Solr search engine
    - fixes microtime issue
    - new 'page3' pagination type
    - google map info window
    - historyjs for ajax's URL
    - indexation script for both Zend and Solr engines
    - included ZendSearch and solarium libraries
    - AdvSearchHelp snippet is no longer installed. If you still need it, just take the content from lexicon entry (advsearch.help).

I will update RTFM accordingly in short coming future.

Please post any new bugs on github. [ed. note: goldsky last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]
      Rico
      Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
      MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
      • 45 Posts
      Did you update the manual yet? There seems to be some things that don't match up with the newest version.

My search bar changed after upgrading and I can't figure out why. It seems to be showing the empty live results DIV before any search is performed.

[ed. note: pixelstuff last edited this post 6 years, 4 months ago.]
        • 932 Posts
        If I remember correctly all placeholders/calls now have a prefix of advsearch. You can set the prefix to blank though through one of the options. Sorry I can't recall exactly what it is off hand.
          ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
          • 45 Posts
          I don't think that site is even using place holders. In other words it just uses the default templates, only the CSS is custom. I looked at the templates and they all have the prefix in there. This is the call being used.

[[!AdvSearchForm? &withAjax=`1` &liveSearch=`1` &ajaxResultsId=`56` &landing=`15` ]]

The live search also doesn't do anything now. It doesn't drop down a list of results like it used to.

The full page search does still work as it should. Hitting enter in the live search box takes you to the full page results view as it used to.