We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 137 Posts
    I have tried to install MODx on my new hosting, it uses PHP 5.5, but the problem is that i can not install any version, tried with latest, and even with 2.2, but no luck. Setup is working ok, but on final action in setup

setup/index.php?action=summary

I got

500 Error
    Site temporarily unavailable.

I can not access manager, web, nothing, only can go in /setup and start install again??

I MODx error log i see the following
    [2015-12-25 06:43:58] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S02 executing statement: 
    Array
    (
        [0] => 42S02
        [1] => 1146
        [2] => Table 'xxxxxxxx.modx_system_settings' doesn't exist
    )

[2015-12-25 06:43:58] (FATAL) Could not load core MODX configuration!

What can be the issues, any idea?
      <a href="www.play2web.com" title="izrada web sajtova">Izrada web sajtova</a>
    • Does your database user have "create_table" permission on the database? And what charset and collation is being used? MODX won't install properly with utf8mb4.

Check the installation log in core/cache/logs/.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 137 Posts
        I have permissions, all is passed on setup only on final action, i can select database etc. This is what only i have in logs
          <a href="www.play2web.com" title="izrada web sajtova">Izrada web sajtova</a>
        • Can you access phpmyadmin and look into database? Is there any table created?
            zaenal.lokamaya
            • 2 Posts
            I had the same problem.
            In my case the table "modx_system_settings" was empty, because my mysql installation work in strict mode and don't let insert records without default value.
            In log I found some records like
            INSERT INTO `modx_system_settings` (`key`, `value`, `xtype`, `namespace`, `area`) VALUES ('upload_maxsize', '104857600', 'textfield', 'core', 'system')
            Array
            (
                [0] => HY000
                [1] => 1364
                [2] => Field 'editedon' doesn't have a default value
            )

For solve this problem:
            1) change my.cnf, add there line
            sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"'

2) reinstall modx

• 2 Posts
              I had the same problem.
              In my case the table "modx_system_settings" was empty, because my mysql installation work in strict mode and don't let insert records without default value.
              In log I found some records like
              INSERT INTO `modx_system_settings` (`key`, `value`, `xtype`, `namespace`, `area`) VALUES ('upload_maxsize', '104857600', 'textfield', 'core', 'system')
              Array
              (
                  [0] => HY000
                  [1] => 1364
                  [2] => Field 'editedon' doesn't have a default value
              )

For solve this problem:
              1) change my.cnf, add there line
              sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"'

2) reinstall modx

• 24,544 Posts
                If you have this problem and don't have access to the my.cnf file, it might work to install MODX somewhere else, export the modx_system_settings table to an SQL file (with 'drop table' selected) in PhpMyAdmin, and import that file into the problem install.

I almost sure this problem is fixed in MODX 2.5.1, which should be out soon.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting