We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • discuss.answer
    • 12 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Jan 23, 2016, 07:45 PM
    I assume you mean this:

[[%main_reviews? &topic=`staticfields`]]

It's a language string. You can change it in the database under Lexicon Management -- System (gear icon) -> Lexicons, or in the lexicon file(s) if there are any.

Since there's no namespace specified in the tag, it could be in the core namespace under the 'staticfields' topic. You'd look for the 'name' (key) field: 'main_reviews' and set its 'value' field to whatever you want. There should be one entry for each language.

Okey, so i just found a tuff way on your blog. Cheers for you SIR!
    I got to the file and i edit it the hardway tongue

So here appears a harder proble, how to i add latest version of fontawesome? :/
    Modx doesn't accept eot, ttf and other font files... :'(
      • 24,544 Posts
      I've used ttf files with no problem in MODX (the Captcha plugin uses them). I think the EOT issue is a limitation in current browsers, not MODX.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 12 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Jan 23, 2016, 10:49 PM
        I've used ttf files with no problem in MODX (the Captcha plugin uses them). I think the EOT issue is a limitation in current browsers, not MODX.

Okey, so i added these file types in the settings i have there and i still can't upload them :'(

I'm really desperate about this, and the hardest thing, is that i have to work on a russian language backend, so it's damn hard to find even any blog or tutorials to help me...

Thanks!
          • 1,154 Posts
          This is not my area, but i don't think you want to upload the fonts. If you are requiring users to download your custom fonts (and ttf are not custom fonts) then you suddenly are having really slow page loads and your users may not be happy about it.

I may be wrong, never used fontawesome, sorry. Usually fonts are you select the top one then second one, and the user's comp tries to find the best one among the installed fonts on their computer. The user finally controls this, maybe they want everything on the page in their own font, you never know. Sometimes people want their page to have custom fonts but its inconvenient and doesn't work well with so many browsers and systems.
            • 12 Posts
            Quote from: nuan88 at Jan 24, 2016, 12:52 AM
            This is not my area, but i don't think you want to upload the fonts. If you are requiring users to download your custom fonts (and ttf are not custom fonts) then you suddenly are having really slow page loads and your users...

Hey! Actualy FontAwesome is a iconic font. People use font awesome to display icons built as a font and powered with pure css! And what i try to do, is to emplement the FontAwesome system to get them on that webpage.
            You should try it, it's actualy great!
              • 24,544 Posts
              They should upload fine if you add them properly to the upload_files System Setting. You may have to clear the site cache or manually delete the core/cache files before it takes effect.

You can always upload them with FTP or in the cPanel File Manager.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 12 Posts
                Hey thanks! I used the ssh conexion to do that!

Now i have a better question.

I got a custom field (TV): filter_flowers that is used as a filter.

It's attached to the chunk filter_init and there i find this code :

<?php
                if(!empty($option))
                {
                $data = $modx->getPlaceholder('+'.$option);
                $array = explode(',', $data);
                $array = array_map('trim', $array);
                $array = array_filter($array, 'strlen');
                array_unshift($array, '-');
                return implode('||', $array);
                }

The question is, how do I manage (add/delete) items from this filter?

Thanks again for all your huge help and kindness!
                Best Regards!
                  • 12 Posts
                  Ok, so it's in components -> configuration