We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I'm following the documentation at https://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/making-sites-with-modx/customizing-content/template-variables/adding-a-custom-tv-type-modx-2.2 on the latest 2.4.2 version (Although I also tested on 2.3.6 and got the same results). I'm using MODX Cloud.

The documentation states that as of 2.3 the path plugin is no longer needed. But this seems to be completely wrong or the directory structure is documented incorrectly for that feature to work. If you don't have the path plugin, you are able to create the TV and even select the custom type from the drop down. But when you go to edit your resource, the TV is rendered as a text box until you create the plugin.

Is anyone aware of this issue? Is there a different directory structure that should be used for this to work without the path plugin? I noticed that MIGX still uses a plugin to react to events such as OnTVInputRenderList.
      • 5,888 Posts
      hmm.. never did try it without the plugin-events.
      But as long, as it works with the path plugin, I see no reason, to try it without.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 6 Posts
        Yeah, I agree. I would like to get the documentation updated to be correct though. It can be frustrating to a new user when you follow the directions exactly (It says "don't create this, it's not needed) and then it doesn't work at all. The other gap is that it doesn't point you towards any other plugin documentation. So if you follow it exactly even that does not work because you have to select the events from the list you want the plugin to respond to.

I did suggest an edit to the document, but just reported the issue. It would be nice to be able to suggest an edit to the document and provide the correction as well.
          • 7 Posts
          Same here. Reproduced example and got nothing working. TV is only detected but not rendered.