We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Hi there,

I have 2 websites with 2 contexts on a single MODX Revo 2.4.2 installation. There hasn't been an issue for the past few months, but because the host has changed a few rules on sharing files between multiple sites on a single server, I can no longer access the files in domains/domain1.com/public_html from domain2.com.
    Instead, there now is a folder domains/include/ where I have to place all shared files.

So what I've managed to do is make a copy of the core/, connectors/ and assets/components/ directories and put them in the include dir. If I try to do the same with the manager/ dir, I can no longer access the manager online. That makes sense.
    But right now I cannot remove the original core/ and connectors/ folders (which I've tried by renaming them first, to see the effects). For some reason, the manager/ files don't seem to look in the right folder to find the files, even though I've changed the paths in the config files and in index.php.

Basically, everything works on the front-end, but the manager does not.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
      • 33 Posts
      Anyone?
        • 24,544 Posts
        The only relevant files are the core/config/config.inc.php file and the three config.core.php files (which tell MODX where the core is). The config.core.php files are in these directories:

modx root
        manager
        connectors

You shouldn't have to change the index.php file.

Whenever MODX needs to locate something, it checks a config.core.php file to locate the config.inc.php file, then uses the paths and URLs in that file to find everything else.

Keep in mind that MODX locates some things by path and some things by URL. That's why the config.inc.php file has both. Things located by URL can be affected by, for example, the Rewrite Base in an .htaccess file. Things located by URL also have to be in or below the public_html directory.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting