We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi guys,

I have this error repeated many time in the error log of my Revo 2.3.5 build. Any ideas what the issue is?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS `modAccess` WHERE `modAccess`.`principal` = 132' at line 1

Cheers,

dubbs.
      • 295 Posts
      did you upgrade the modx?

did you receive any error messages when you 1st installed modx via the setup?
        • 1,118 Posts
        Quote from: comp_nerd26 at Oct 27, 2015, 03:09 PM
        did you upgrade the modx?

did you receive any error messages when you 1st installed modx via the setup?

Yes, upgraded from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 after initial install as fresh 2.3.5 install failed.....
          • 295 Posts
          what did the fresh install fail on?
            • 1,118 Posts
            Quote from: comp_nerd26 at Oct 27, 2015, 03:29 PM
            what did the fresh install fail on?

I can't remember sorry.
              • 295 Posts
              it looks like its a common bug in the modx version. I would upgrade it to the most recent version of modx.
                • 1,118 Posts
                Quote from: comp_nerd26 at Oct 27, 2015, 04:49 PM
                it looks like its a common bug in the modx version. I would upgrade it to the most recent version of modx.

OK thanks
                  • 189 Posts
                  The modAccess error is a known bug. You'll see it every time a user is deleted. Supposedly it is harmless, but it would be nice if it was fixed (it's been around for a number of years).
                    • 1,118 Posts
                    Quote from: gissirob at Oct 27, 2015, 08:33 PM
                    The modAccess error is a known bug. You'll see it every time a user is deleted. Supposedly it is harmless, but it would be nice if it was fixed (it's been around for a number of years).

Ahh OK - yeh that makes a lot of sense as I have been creating dummy users and then binning them - hence the appearance of this error in the error log - thanks for the info.