We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi guys, I am having issues trying to get Login to send an email via a postHook - its just never sends! I have SMTP setup to work.... but still doesnt send email... Register sends email to the new member, but the postHook I have created as per the RTFM page simply will not work...

I recently put QuickEmail on the site to test that and I get an "Unauthorized" statement when I call it...

Any ideas why? What the issue is??

Cheers

dubbs.

This question has been answered by dubbs. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      That's not a message from QuickEmail.

Are you logged in as the admin Super User?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,118 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Oct 21, 2015, 04:46 AM
        That's not a message from QuickEmail.

Are you logged in as the admin Super User?

Yep... Not sure what the issue is tbh!

Any idea?
          • 1,118 Posts
          I had MODx set to send via SMTP - I took that off and it works... it works in the respect that is displays the debug output... says email sent... but nothing received...
          • discuss.answer
            • 1,118 Posts
            "Unathorized" looks like it was an SMTP server response... dug a bit deeper and have it working now... Thanks Bob! wink
              • 20 Posts
              ModX 2.4.2
              QuickEmail 1.1.1

I'm having the same issue. I get an "Unauthorized" page.

Nonetheless, mail service works when sending user credentials but not when executing FormIt.

@dubbs, can you provide further details on how you fixed this? Not sure how to configure ModX mail service to use something other than SMTP.

Thanks!
                • 1,118 Posts
                Quote from: oriolsabate at Oct 28, 2015, 06:12 PM
                ModX 2.4.2
                QuickEmail 1.1.1

I'm having the same issue. I get an "Unauthorized" page.

Nonetheless, mail service works when sending user credentials but not when executing FormIt.

@dubbs, can you provide further details on how you fixed this? Not sure how to configure ModX mail service to use something other than SMTP.

Thanks!

My issues was that I was using SMTP to send mails, but the details I had entered in the System settings were not correct - therefore I was getting the Unathorized error. Entering the correct SMTP details removed the error for me. I would double check your SMTP settings are correct.
                  • 20 Posts
                  Actually, my issue was caused by trying to view this page without being authenticated to the manager.

My environment is set to accept multiple domains and the server had domain A set as default whereas ModX had domain B as default. As a result, whenever I tried to view this page, ModX didn't recognize me as an authenticated user and thus show me an Unauthorized page.

Hope this helps. Thanks!