We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 295 Posts
    im finding now the done button (to add the data from the form) doesnt do anything. hhhhhhhhhhhm
      • 5,888 Posts
      regarding images in DB as BLOB or as files, I would prefer files in most situations.

Google for 'images BLOB in table good practice' or something like that.
      You will find different Opinions on that topic.

Can you explain a bit about your table, which field is what for?

Create your own package and do not use the doodles package for your own one.
      And its allways a good idea to have the Primary-field-name just id in all tables.
      Then use xPDOSimpleObject without defining the id-field in the schema. XPDO does it for you then.

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 295 Posts
        Quote from: Bruno17 at Oct 27, 2015, 05:27 PM
        regarding images in DB as BLOB or as files, I would prefer files in most situations.

Google for 'images BLOB in table good practice' or something like that.
        You will find different Opinions on that topic.

Can you explain a bit about your table, which field is what for?

Create your own package and do not use the doodles package for your own one.
        And its allways a good idea to have the Primary-field-name just id in all tables.
        Then use xPDOSimpleObject without defining the id-field in the schema. XPDO does it for you then.

Hi Bruno17

Ok the table structure Im using is (one to many) and not many to many becuase I dont want multiple rehabcentres to be able to access the same image:

table rehabcentres
        id INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
        PRIMARY KEY (id),
        doc_id INT(4), NOT NULL, (this will connect to a document (page) that exists as an a href link
        locations TEXT, (this is a csv of regional locations)
        intro_text TEXT (a small description of the centre)

table images
        id INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
        rehabcentres_id INT(11) NOT NULL,
        image VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, (this is to hold the url of the image)
        PRIMARY KEY (id),
        FOREIGN KEY (rehabcentres_id) references rehabcentres(id) ON DELETE CASCADE