We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Context Access: prg, member 9999, load list view
    Resource Group Access: Level 1 Resources, member 9999, Load only, prg
    Resource Group Access: Level 2 Resources, member 9999, Load only, prg

Try removing the last ACL entry above. Actually I think you can remove all but the first one.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 188 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Oct 09, 2015, 05:49 PM
      Context Access: prg, member 9999, load list view
      Resource Group Access: Level 1 Resources, member 9999, Load only, prg
      Resource Group Access: Level 2 Resources, member 9999, Load only, prg

Try removing the last ACL entry above. Actually I think you can remove all but the first one.
      That conflicts with sottwell's advice, doesn't it?
        • 24,544 Posts
        Susan and I are suggesting two different strategies.
          My MODX Extras
          • 188 Posts
          So. I have a conclusion. The Articles extra and MODx front-end security measures don't mix.

I got really frustrated with trying to resolve the issue on the site I was working on, so I installed a fresh installation of MODx on another unused domain name, and using really basic techniques, recreated the set up from scratch, including the sub-domain setup. Needless to say, it worked beautifully, out of the box - didn't even need to refer to the Making Member-Only Pages tutorial.

So I copied my results back to the original website, but nothing changed. The pages I shouldn't see were still visible. The only difference between the green site and the original site was that the resources on the green site were basic resources, whereas the resources on the original site were based in Articles containers. So I created standard resources, put them into the locations I needed to and assigned them to the different resource groups, and voila! Success. Except I could also see the blog posts in the articles containers.

The question now remains: does Articles play nicely with MODx security? If not, can we make it so? If it should and is not as my results prove, how does it get fixed?
            • 24,544 Posts
            That's a serious issue. I wish I had time to replicate it. It would seem that a number of others have run into this by now, but maybe not.
              My MODX Extras
              • 188 Posts
              I'd be happy to help if it brings resolution to the issue. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

(For the record, I'm using MODx 2.4.2 and Articles 1.7.11) [ed. note: moniarde last edited this post 8 years, 6 months ago.]