We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Dear community,

I just upgraded a site form 2.3.2 to 2.3.6 and eyerything went fine without any error messages.
    But now (only) the system information page www.mydomain.com/manager/?a=system/info is empty except the menu and the ressource tree.
    I followed some recommendations from other posts like emptying the cache, disabling compress_js and compress_css without success. The file and directory permissions are set correctly, further upgrade to 2.4.0 didn't help.

When I open a console it gives me the followimg error:
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token }
    <script type="text/javascript">
    Ext.onReady(function() {
    	MODx.load({
    		xtype: "modx-page-system-info"
    		,data: 
    	});
    });
    </script>

So far this happens only on this special site hosted by german provider "Strato AG" (2.3.2 was OK), two other installations with 2.3.6. don't have this issue.

Cheers
    Roderich

This question has been answered by r.oder.ich. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      It might be something caught in the browser cache. Try private or incognito mode in your browser.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 10 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Sep 09, 2015, 10:18 PM
        It might be something caught in the browser cache. Try private or incognito mode in your browser.
        Hi Bob,
        thanks for your answer.
        I tried this already also emptied /core/cache too, unfortunately whitout success. It's not a browser issue either and other sites running 2.3.6 or 2.4.0 show the system information page correctly. I also checked the file and directory permissions.
        Any ideas?
          • 24,544 Posts
          How did you do the upgrade?
            My MODX Extras
            • 10 Posts
            As I always do according to https://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/upgrading-modx.
            Updated packages, logged out eyerybody, emptied /core/cache, copied the new version over and ran setup via the browser. There where no errors during setup.
            We have another site hosted at the same provider which doesn't have this issue after upgrade from 2.2.16 to 2.3.6.
              • 24,544 Posts
              That's very weird, since all that link does is run phpinfo().

You could put a file called info.php in the MODX root with this code:

<?php
              phpinfo();

And go to yoursite.com/info.php to see if that works, in case it's a mod_security issue or restriction on the server. Don't leave the file there, though -- TMI for hackers.

The link in the Manager uses JavaScript, so it's remotely possible that there's a JS conflict.

You could also check for the existence of one or both of these files:

core\model\modx\processors\system\phpinfo.class.php
              core\model\modx\processors\system\phpinfo.php

My MODX Extras
                • 10 Posts
                phpinfo() works in a seperate info.php and core\model\modx\processors\system\phpinfo.class.php exists.
                BTW, the link www.mydomain.com/manager/?a=system/info normally shows a lot more information beside a link to phpinfo. It's not a dramatic but weird issue, the normal functionality is not affected.
                Thanks for your help so far, Bob.
                Cheers Roderich
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  That's a tough one. It could possibly be an issue with the PHP version or a corrupted file in your install. The second is common if you transfer the files individually with FTP. Did you try going incognito? Leftover stuff in the browser cache and cookies can cause really weird problems after an upgrade.
                    My MODX Extras
                  • Typically the data element in this piece of code contains the information that is rendered, in the form of a JSON object:
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                    Ext.onReady(function() {
                        MODx.load({
                            xtype: "modx-page-system-info"
                            ,data: 
                        });
                    });
                    </script>

As it's completely empty, that sounds like it was unable of JSON encoding the information. I've seen that happen in some cases where a part of the data contains invalid characters, it doesn't return anything in that case.

Maybe you can find out the offending value from the php info?
                      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                      • 10 Posts
                      It doesn't make sense though but by changing the PHP version from 5.5 to 5.3 the page is rendered completely. That's strange since we have another site at the same provider with the same MODX version running flawlessly with PHP 5.5. I couldn't find out any offending value from the phpinfo.