We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    I have a new installation of 2.4. Not an upgrade from anything else. The site has hundreds of images, sorted into dozens of sub-directories of ../assets/images. No galleries.

I normally use Firefox as my working browser, but have just discovered an anomaly that seems to affect Firefox and not Chrome. (Simply, the problem was driving me mad, so I thought I'd write here, and before doing so tested with Chrome.)

When invoking the MODX Browser (web) to identify an image for insertion into a an image-type TV, when using Firefox, the browser defaults to the "home" image directory set when creating a Media Source (in this case, based on Filesystem), not to the "current" directory if there is already an image value in the TV. When insterting dozens of images, this is a pain.

Of more concern, the image thumbnails are not retained, or appear not to be, because when that directory is revisited, to load images for the same or another Resource, the existing thumbnails literally disappear before my eyes, and then slowly reload - but only about 10 images max. If the current directory entry in the MODX Browser "tree" is clicked again, a few more thumbnails are produced.

Tedious. I thought it might be a caching issue, now that phpthumb is an integral part of MODX, and in light of the correspondence ca. 2.2.3 and duplicate code in phpthumb.class.php.

But Chrome appears to behave as normal, insofar as anything is normal in a development environment. I mean that it behaves as other, earlier versions of Revo, and for that matter Evo, do. Just slow. Like all Revo installations I use.

I haven't attempted to test on IE yet.

I haven't yet set my .htaccess file to establish a proper cacheing regime. I normally do that after I've finished setting-up a site.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of difficulty?

Nic Boyde

My configuration details:

LAMP
    PHP Version 5.4.41
    MySQL 5.6.23
    Firefox latest
    Chrome latest
    CGI/FastCGI Server API

MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud