We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    Revo 2.4.0

I have 3 categories of resources,

Cat 1
    Cat 2
    Cat 3

Each category uses Archivist to list its own child resources by year/month. It works fine so far. I'm using a single landing page for all 3 categories.

When clicking a specific year/month, for example, Cat 2 > April 2014 it correctly redirects to the landing page but I need it to only show the resources for that particular category. Currently it's setup to return results from all 3 categories. I've been unable to get it to work the way I need. The year/month filter part works fine.
    [[!getPage?
        &elementClass=`modSnippet`
        &element=`getArchives`
        &parents=`2,3,4`]]

Of course I could create 3 separate landing pages, one for each category, but I would prefer a more streamlined process. [ed. note: todd.b last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
      Todd
      • 24,544 Posts
      Is the information about which year/month they've selected sent forward as a $_POST or $_GET value?

If so, you should be able to have a small custom snippet calculate the parents value and do this:

[[!getPage?
          &elementClass=`modSnippet`
          &element=`getArchives`
          &parents=`[[!CalculateParents`]]
      ]]
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 708 Posts
        I looked at the (3) default Archivist Snippet files but didn't see any $_POST or $_GET values, though I could have missed it. And I did not manually set either of those values. It's basically a stock (Archivist) configuration so I'm not sure how it's being sent.
          Todd