We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Description of Problem:

This is the first time I have tried to upgrade modx to a new version. It has been amazingly difficult!

I now have no manager. When I attempt to run it I get a long web page which starts as follows:

Dashboard
    United Nations Association of Australia (WA)
    MODX News Feed
    Revo 2.3.4+2.3.5—Two Dozen Manager Fixes and More

and ends with what is shown by the screen capture in the attached file.
    Note that 'Loading...' is inside a rectangle and seems to indicate it is trying unsuccessfully to load something (the manager I assume).
    Nothing happens when I click on 'Dashboard' on the first line.

I have tried to follow the instructions at https://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/upgrading-modx
    I backed up all the files but not the database, which as far as I can tell I do not have access to. I do now even know where it is stored.
    I do not have permission to delete files in core/cache. I can request that they be deleted (or their ownership changed to me) but this takes a day or so. I have tried doing this but it does not seem to help.
    I have used FileZilla to upload and download files.
    My browser is Chrome. I clicked on 'clear browsing data' and obliterated from the beginning of time all listed items except 'Content licences'.

I have tried everything I can think of or find in the the above instructions.
    I would be most grateful for some help.

Steps to Reproduce:

Expected Outcome:

• MODX Version:
    • 2.3.5-pl

• PHP Version:

• Database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) Version:
    • Unkown

• Additional Server Info:
    • About all I know is it is Apache

• Installed MODX Add-ons:
    • None to my knowledge

• Error Log Contents: (attach as file if it’s too large)
    • Unable to find anything useful
      • 1,572 Posts
      edit the system settings via phpmyadmin and turn off compress_css and compress_js ( set them to 0 ) them delete everything in the core cache folder and try logging in again