We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I am building a photo site and using Tagger for the tagging function. So far all works well, except for the pages to display related resources. it's a great extra and easy to work with - the ability to put Tag Groups above the content is a real bonus.

I've been trying to solve this question on and off for a few months. Is there a way top auto-generated the pages for Tagger to display related tags on?

On each photo page there is a series of tags for 'country' 'state' and 'region' - which are set up as three separate Tagger groups. The chunk used is:
    <div id="tags">
    [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &groups=`1` &target=`0`]]  >  [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &groups=`2`]]  >  [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &groups=`3`]]
    </div>

That works well.

I then created a resource for a country "Australia" - published but not showing on menus. When I create it inside a container, to keep the Resource Tree tidy, I also need to freeze the URI to remove the container from the url. On that page I use the following code, which also works:
    [[!getResources? &tpl=`tplIntros` &parents=`2` &includeTVs=`1` &processTVs=`1` &hideContainers=`1` &includeContent=`1` &showHidden=`1` &where=`[[!TaggerGetResourcesWhere? &tags=`[[*pagetitle]]`]]`]]

The Tagger documentation assumes a lot of knowledge - ie. you also need to populate the rest of the getResources call.

I'm guessing that there's a way to auto-generate the pages to display tags on. Otherwise it means creating a new resource for every tag that gets added.

Can anyone give me any clues on auto-generating pages, or is that not possible?

Thanks in advance

Rob [ed. note: robinqld last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 115 Posts
      Hi Robinqld, did you find a resolution for this?

I am trying to do something similar with tagger auto generating urls from an migxdb but so far I cannot do this.

You are correct that the documentation assumes a lot of knowledge so it is not so helpful for publishers.