We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 78 Posts
    I have a lot of symlinks on my site, and I am noticing that my extracts on symlinked results are displaying the number of the main article instead of the content; for example:

Search Term

instead of:

Search Term
    extract from resource id 1024

Is there any way on the symlink search results to display the full extract? Thank you.
      • 1,145 Posts
      The symlinks have no proper content of their own and will not return any other content but the number in there.

It's like putting an ajax call in the symlink(or ordinary resource)...Simple Search will not see the redirection. I wish it did.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 78 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Aug 04, 2015, 04:32 PM
        The symlinks have no proper content of their own and will not return any other content but the number in there.

It's like putting an ajax call in the symlink(or ordinary resource)...Simple Search will not see the redirection. I wish it did.

Thank you very much for your reply, I was hoping to not disable the extract, but I'll have to work around it.