We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    MODx 1.0.15
    Easy2Gallery 1.4.0-RC1
    Mozilla Firefox 38.0.5
    Hosting: Infomaniak
    --------------------------

Hi,

I have this very strange issue using Easy 2 Gallery in Mozilla Firefox:
    when trying to upload one (or more pictures), I sometimes have the message "The connection was reset" displayed in the right frame of the MODx manager as soon as I click the "Upload" button.

This occurs only for some pictures and always the same ones.
    As long as I could see, the problem does not occur in Internet Explorer, but in Mozilla Firefox.

I tried clearing both the cache of MODx and the browser, but this does not solve anything.

All pictures are 1020x720 pixels and about 200 Ko.
    Some pictures that load without problem have a size larger than the ones that cannot upload. The names of the problematic pictures are not longer than others, nor do contain any special characters.

If I save the pictures again and give them another name, I can sometimes upload them.

Any idea?

The error:
    La connexion a été réinitialisée

La connexion avec le serveur a été réinitialisée pendant le chargement de la page.

Le site est peut-être temporairement indisponible ou surchargé. Réessayez plus tard ;
    Si vous n'arrivez à naviguer sur aucun site, vérifiez la connexion au réseau de votre ordinateur ;
    Si votre ordinateur ou votre réseau est protégé par un pare-feu ou un proxy, assurez-vous que Firefox est autorisé à accéder au Web.
    • When this happened before the only solution I found was to increase the upload size limit in the settings to some way out size just to make sure the images would go in. None of the images were in fact larger than the limit, but some would not go in for my client (using Safari) while I could upload them fine (Firefox).

In this particular instance the site was only a few weeks from being converted to Revo and it was a decent bandaid to keep the client happy for the moment, although I never did think it was a good solution. I know this isn't much help, sorry.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 697 Posts
        @Frogabog: Thank you. When you tell about increasing hte upload size, do you mean the max width and height? I cannot see any other setting like the size in Kilobytes for instance.
        • Crud, I don't have an Evo manager to load up and check but if you look in the...

Thank you Bob for posting this years ago, a quick search and I found it.

For Evolution, go to Tools -> Configuration -> File Manager tab and check out the value for Maximum Upload Size.
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 697 Posts
            Thank you. The maximum upload size is 1048576, so ~1 MB.
            Each picture is ~ 200 KB only and it fails even if I try uploading only one picture. The "Connexion reset" page is displayed instantly ; not after one second like if some upload had been truly attempted.
            It occurs only with some of the pictures.