We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Our site is currently using modx eve 1.0.14. When I create a new web user in the manager and add them to the web group they are unable to access the members only content when we set the hosting environment to use php5.3. Using php 5.2 it seems to work. Although upon reverting to 5.2 newly created web users still have no access to the web group content. Web users created before the php5.3 switch still have access to the web group content. And in the database the only thing I can see different between the 2 users are that the id and the internal key are the same for users created previously to php5.3 switch. Users created after the switch have a different id and internal key in the web_users_attributes table.

Also when we set the hosting environment to use php5.3 we get a ton of errors in the events log like this eventually bogging down the server until we revert to php5.2 or clear the log.

We need php5.3 to support a quickbooks integration software from QBI.

Anyone got any ideas?

« MODX Parse Error »

MODX encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »
    PHP error debug
    Error : Undefined index: virtual_dir
    ErrorType[num] : NOTICE[8]
    File : /hsphere/local/home/floral/floraldesigninstitute.com/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php
    Line : 2288
    Source : $virtualDir= $this->config['virtual_dir'];
    Basic info
    REQUEST_URI : http://floraldesigninstitute.com/
    Resource : [1]home
    Current Snippet : WebLogin
    Referer : http://floraldesigninstitute.com/page001.00.00.htm
    User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows Phone 8.1; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 635) like Gecko
    IP : 172.56.26.19
    Benchmarks
    MySQL : 0.4712 s (2 Requests)
    PHP : 0.0502 s
    Total : 0.5215 s
    Memory : 7.426944732666 mb

Backtrace

1 DocumentParser->executeParser()
    index.php on line 144
    2 DocumentParser->prepareResponse()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1579
    3 DocumentParser->outputContent()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1681
    4 DocumentParser->parseDocumentSource()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 596
    5 DocumentParser->evalSnippets()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1461
    6 DocumentParser->_get_snip_result()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1060
    7 DocumentParser->evalSnippet()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1147
    8 eval()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 1009
    9 include_once()
    manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(1009) : eval()'d code on line 86
    10 preserveUrl()
    assets/snippets/weblogin/weblogin.inc.php on line 85
    11 DocumentParser->makeUrl()
    assets/snippets/weblogin/weblogin.common.inc.php on line 91
    • If you haven't already can you please upgrade to 1.0.15?
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        The work around has been to set the 2 id fields to the same value manually after a new user is created while we are working on migrating the site to revolution. I would still like to know why this happened and since I can't trace it to it's root cause. I can't imagine the hosting environment php 5.2 to 5.3 upgrade and switch back to 5.2 caused it as it's still exhibiting this behavior. Maybe the database needs a repair or there's a cacheing issue i'm not aware of.

I figured if I'm going to do an upgrade we might as well bite the bullet and go revolution. It's a super deep site so it's taking me some time to work on the migration.
        • I'm not sure what to tell you regarding the root problem. The issue could be something related to your hosting environment and how php is configured on the server, or simply a compatibility issue that wasn't identified.

That being said you might want to look into http://bobsguides.com/gorevo-package.html to make the migration process easier on you. I would also consider switching to at least PHP 5.5 considering all prior versions are end of life, and thus receive no updates security or otherwise.
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting