We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 247 Posts
    I have a MIGX CMP for my client to manage their podcasts. Three language groups, three separate MIGX configs, three tabs in the CMP. All three tabs are pulling content from the same database table, and the MIGX configs are essentially the same, I'm simply grouping them by the value of a specific column in the db table to make management more intuitive for the client.

The problem I have is when I add Db-Filters to the three configs, the first tab is the only one that renders it correctly. I'm currently using a search filter in each config and in the first tab it works brilliantly, but in the other two the filter is producing two separate text boxes, only one of which actually functions as a filter, the other does nothing, just a useless doppelganger. I originally used a combobox filter and it also worked perfectly on the first tab but on the others it showed as truncated (very narrow, no visible text) and when clicked, the options appeared at the top left of the browser window, no where near the actual combobox.

Filter is setup as follows:
    name: search
    label: search
    empty text: search...
    filter type: textbox
    getlist-where: {"channel:LIKE":"%[[+search]]%","OR:title:LIKE":"%[[+search]]%","OR:speaker:LIKE":"%[[+search]]%","OR:description:LIKE":"%[[+search]]%"}

I suspect, because the three configs share so many settings, this may be some type of ID problem? EXTjs issue?

Screenshots attached of the first and second tab. Can post full MIGX config if necessary, but that's a lot to read through. Wisdom?

This question has been answered by Bruno17. See the first response.

• 247 Posts
      Sorry, forgot the essentials: MODX 2.3.3 on MODX Cloud. MIGX 2.9.3.
      • discuss.answer
        • 5,888 Posts
        dbFilters needs to have unique names over all grids within the same dom.
        Its also the element-id and they are identified by that name.

name: search_1
        getlist-where: {"channel:LIKE":"%[[+search_1]]%","OR:title:LIKE":"%[[+search_1]]%","OR:speaker:LIKE":"%[[+search_1]]%","OR:description:LIKE":"%[[+search_1]]%"}

name: search_2
        getlist-where: {"channel:LIKE":"%[[+search_2]]%","OR:title:LIKE":"%[[+search_2]]%","OR:speaker:LIKE":"%[[+search_2]]%","OR:description:LIKE":"%[[+search_2]]%"}

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
          • 247 Posts
          Yep, works like a charm. I owe you many beers!