We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi All, I have tried repeatedly to install EVO 1.0.15, and I'm getting the same result overtime:

Description of Problem: According the Installer, TinyMCE is installed normally and is selected as the default editor. When I login to the manager and open a page for editing, the content window looks the attached photo.

Steps to Reproduce: This occurred after a "normal" installation. Repeated attempts to install have been made, both on a local MAMP setup and also on my web server. The outcome is the same every time.

Expected Outcome: The TinyMCE tool bar and editing window should appear...

• MODX Version: EVO 1.0.15
    • PHP Version: 5.3
    • Database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) Version: MySQL 5.5.40-36.1-log
    • Additional Server Info: cpsrvd 11.48.4.4; Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73l PHP extension: mysqli
    • Installed MODX Add-ons: "Vanilla" installation, i.e, all add ons that come with the download, but no additional add ons.
    • Error Log Contents: (attach as file if it’s too large) I don't know where to find the error log -- sorry!
      • 10 Posts
      Hi,

I've had a similar problem. I found that switching to another manager theme fixed the problem.

When i upgraded to 1.0.15 the default manager! theme is MODxRE ... when this is used, the TinyMce toolbar indeed is gone.

So logged in to the manager, choose tools > configuration and then the tab 'interface & features': the first option allows you to switch to another theme. I switched it back to MODxCarbon.
      This fixed the tinyMCE problem.

Maybe not a real fix, but a workaround.
        • 10 Posts
        testing
          • 129 Posts
          I've found that I needed to change the "Skin" under TinyMCE Settings (in config similar to bart.nelis suggestion but not the manager theme).
          This has worked on a couple of occasions for me.

If you change to another skin, SAVE, then change it back to default if you prefer and SAVE.
          • thats really weird is there an error in the console? javascript?
              ________

Anne
              Toad-in-Chief
              Red Toad Media - Web Design, Louisville KY
              Hear me tweet: http://www.twitter.com/redtoadmedia
              "Bring on the imperialistic condiments." - Rory Gilmore