We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.

This error message is produced when I try to fully-uninstall Gallery 1.5.2.

My PHP.ini file includes allow_url_fopen = on.

I have: Revo 2.3.3, MySQL 5.5.40, PHP 5.4.36

I suspect, based on browsing this forum, that the solution may be something to do with the change of the Extras repository's url, but I do not know how or where to make the change.

Any ideas?

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• discuss.answer
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you maybe remove the local transport package file from core/packages? That contains the uninstall information. If so, you can download that file (make sure it's the same version) directly from the extras repo (not through Package Manager). Then, I would install or re-install it, then uninstall it, then remove it.

Sometimes, things get kind of balled up. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, you have to manually remove all the pieces in the Manager and sometimes comb through the database to remove some more of them. Finally, you have to force package removal in Package Manager.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting