We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I have been working on getting my Articles Container page to work to no avail; this is what I have in the content area:

[[+articles]]

[[!+page.nav:notempty=`
    <div class='paging'>
    	<ul class='pageList'>
    		[[+paging]]
    	</ul>
    </div>
    `]]

Yet none of the posts in the ArticleRowTpl are showing up at all.

Checking logs, I keep getting this error message:

ERROR @ /assets/components/articles/connector.php

I have been searching and found no answer for this...can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Is that the full error message? It should give some clue about what the problem is.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 15 Posts
        Here's the full error message:

[2015-04-07 04:39:17] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/tv_input_types
        [2015-04-07 05:19:24] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not cache resource 1
        [2015-04-07 05:19:24] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not cache resource 1
        [2015-04-07 14:26:36] (ERROR @ /assets/components/articles/connector.php) Encountered empty IN condition with key contentid
        [2015-04-07 14:26:36] (ERROR @ /assets/components/articles/connector.php) Error 42000 executing statement:
        Array
        (
        [0] => 42000
        [1] => 1064
        [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') )' at line 1
        )

[2015-04-08 12:42:51] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/core/category
        [2015-04-08 13:19:01] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Error caching action map mgr/actions
          • 24,544 Posts
          The first thing to try is deleting all the files in the core cache directory.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and removing Articles, deleting all files in the core/cache directory (again), and re-downloading and re-installing Articles.

Also, make sure your core/cache directory is writable.
            My MODX Extras
            • 15 Posts
            Did all of the above...that got rid of the error log, but still not working-I did get this error:

[2015-04-09 06:13:55] (ERROR @ /assets/components/articles/connector.php) Path specified for package quip is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/jhcbiinoc/public_html/core/components/quip/model/
              • 24,544 Posts
              Maybe Quip didn't get installed with Articles.
                My MODX Extras
                • 15 Posts
                As much as I tried, I had so many issues with Articles that I eventually elected not to use it and to follow the Blog Tutorial here:

http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/creating-a-blog-in-modx-revolution

It is coming together well so far, aside from an issue with Quip that I posted n the appropriate thread. Once I get those issues resolved, then it is just a matter of figuring out what I can do for an image slider and photo gallery solution that will work with the Foundation 5 framework.
                  • 165 Posts
                  Quote from: jhcbiinoc2 at Apr 21, 2015, 03:52 PM
                  As much as I tried, I had so many issues with Articles that I eventually elected not to use it and to follow the Blog Tutorial here:

http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/creating-a-blog-in-modx-revolution

It is coming together well so far, aside from an issue with Quip that I posted n the appropriate thread. Once I get those issues resolved, then it is just a matter of figuring out what I can do for an image slider and photo gallery solution that will work with the Foundation 5 framework.

Are you using MODX 2.3.x? If so, I would suggest the following setup:

Collections for the blog post container
                  pdoTools for the pdoResources/pdoPage snippets to do the listing of posts/pagination links
                  Use Disqus for commenting - it's better than handling commenting using Quip and can be included easily in a page.

For gallery I would suggest: MoreGallery from ModMore - it's excellent. As for Image slider, there's a billion of them and most will let you use (almost) your own markup.