We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    For some reason Discuss administrator user can receive and send PMs. But regular members can not send PMs to themselves. They can send to admin but no to regular members. Has any one has this problem before or am i missing something on the user groups?
      • 1,154 Posts
      Hmm I don't think I ever had that problem, but I can check later.

For user groups, no I dont think you are missing anything, as long as they are listed as forum members and in discuss user list...anything in the error log?

Oh, one thing is, for me it won't let you send PMs to more than one person at a time. One would go through but more than that, as I remember none went through.
        • 24,544 Posts
        FYI, you can read and send PMs in the front end with this: http://modx.com/extras/package/messagemanager
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 1,154 Posts
          I checked this functionality today on my site and did not have a problem sending between two common users.

Could you tell us more about what happens when you try to send? I wonder if your users are in the proper group, I believe a user made in the manager would still be able to log into the forum but might not be able to do everything...
            • 16 Posts
            Thank you guys.

I made another test and it looks like is working now but is kind of funky. Registration works fine and redirect them to check their mail to activate then link forwards them to the forum. Users can post treads but there is one user in particular that can not send to other users tho. He can send to admin and received. Its weird i am testing on two different ones and that looks ok.

• 1,154 Posts
              In my experience, at first a bunch of bugs pop up, but then seem to settle down. For instance the order of the boards shifted a couple times when testing, which scared me a lot, but later I was able to add boards without problems. I do seem to remember a user that had some problems very early, but since then no repeated problems.
                • 1,154 Posts
                Just a test post to check the subscription issues, an unrelated thing. Last time I checked, the quick reply form was still not working, while the other one was.

Pls disregard.