We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Well, we are opening now after much effort. Pls have a look:

https://www.rayxilawforums.com

There are so many tools in here it will be tough for me to list them, but I will be happy to provide any of them if people want.

Feedback is appreciated!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Nice design. Is this Discuss?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,154 Posts
        Yes, Discuss with a 'front page' using bootstrap. One of my complaints about basically all forum packages is that they don't let you have a 'proper' front page. Maybe I am old in my thinking. They should have an open page so people can stick their own html into the standard header/login, but no one provides that so far, so I had to make it from scratch. Well, my friend from these forums did the work, I didn't design the style.

So what this is is basically two sides, discuss on one, and the tree on the other with front page and inside page and login templates, and then tools to dip into the tree and provide contents like most views and newest, and another tool to dip into the forum data and grab newest, most viewed posts and so on. My php guy recently upgraded the tool he made, I will put it in the forum soon. Now I can define the specific forum(s) to be used in the search.

He also broke up my forum sidebar so I could provide different sidebars for different areas of the site. [[IF forum=22 then sidebar1, IF forum=33 then sidebar2, else sidebar3]] And I can stick tree info into the forum that way with a little targeting.

Right now I have to explore my tools a bit more to figure out what I can do. But the biggest area I think is getRelated, if it can do more that would be good, I have to look into it.
          • 66 Posts
          Gormytorysh Reply #4, 9 years ago
          Looking very nice Andrew, great job!