We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Greetings,
    I know this has been an ongoing topic in the forums. I've ready most of the recent posts on this but nothing is helping. Here's my situation:

I am using the latest version of Revo. I am using the default .htaccess file and tried it with the rewritebase with the default and with the folder name. I sent the friendly URLs page to enable friendly URLs and Alias URLs.

My server is loading the rewrite module as I checked the PHP info settings.

When I clear the cache then preview the site. I see the friendly URLs such as www.mysite.com/peavey/music.html However, when I try to go to the page, I get a 404 server not found error.

This is extremely frustrating because Modx claims to be SEO friendly out of the box and I'm not happy about this.

If someone could help shed some like on this, please help.

Thanks.
    Matt
      • 953 Posts
      Modx claims to be SEO friendly out of the box and I'm not happy about this.
      I don't see where the problem is. Both systems are as SEO friendly as the user makes them. MODX simply offer tools that can be used well for SEO websites, but you must follow instructions to the "T".

I am not a full blown Revo user, I am still testing it but to date no problems with FURLs.

Evo users have had similar problems in the past.

Through my experience, 9/10 times when FURLs don't work it is not a problem caused by MODX, it's more than likely one of the following:

• The .htaccess file hasn't been modified correctly
      • The users server doesn't support the rules in the .htaccess file
      • modrewrite isn't available on the host server

Some reading:

Using Friendly URLs
      FURLs just not working...
      ModX Revo: friendly URLs not working
      Friendly url’s giving a 404 error even though mod_rewrite is installed
        • 24,544 Posts
        Make sure you have this in the head section of all templates:

<base href="[[++site_url]]" />
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 42 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Mar 15, 2015, 02:12 AM
          Make sure you have this in the head section of all templates:

<base href="[[++site_url]]">

I already have it in my templates.
            • 42 Posts
            Quote from: iusemodx at Mar 14, 2015, 10:48 PM
            I don't see where the problem is. Both systems are as SEO friendly as the user makes them. MODX simply offer tools that can be used well for SEO websites, but you must follow instructions to the "T".

I am not a full blown Revo user, I am still testing it but to date no problems with FURLs.

Through my experience, 9/10 times when FURLs don't work it is not a problem caused by MODX, it's more than likely one of the following:

Some reading:

Using Friendly URLs

I am just using the stock .htaccess file. Does something need to be changed according to my server?
              • 42 Posts

Some reading:

Using Friendly URLs

This solved my problems. I found it in a tutorial for DigitalOcean

<Directory "/var/www/sqworl.com/public_html">
              Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
              AllowOverride All
              Order allow,deny
              Allow from all
              </Directory>

I enetered that into my default config file and it works perfect now.

Thanks for all of your help.
              Matt
                • 42 Posts

Some reading:

Using Friendly URLs

This solved my problems. I found it in a tutorial for DigitalOcean

<Directory "/var/www/sqworl.com/public_html">
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                </Directory>

I enetered that into my default config file and it works perfect now.

Thanks for all of your help.
                Matt