We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hi,there is an error during loadming manager pages after upgrading to MODx 2.3 or higher.
    Sometimes only top menu is showed. After resreshing page (in browser) page loads correctly.
    I tested it with all plugins disabled and there was no change.
    My log is:
    [2015-03-12 11:32:35] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 11:32:35] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnManagerPageInit]
    [2015-03-12 11:38:58] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnDocFormSave]
    [2015-03-12 11:55:04] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 11:57:48] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 11:58:13] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 12:00:17] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnBeforeDocFormSave]
    [2015-03-12 12:00:18] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnDocFormSave]
    [2015-03-12 12:02:17] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 12:02:36] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 12:02:51] (ERROR @ /index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-12 14:19:08] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnManagerPageInit]
    [2015-03-12 14:20:46] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnDocFormSave]
    [2015-03-13 08:34:12] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnHandleRequest]
    [2015-03-13 08:34:12] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnManagerPageInit]
    [2015-03-13 08:56:58] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnDocFormSave]
    [2015-03-13 09:10:50] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) [OnResourceBeforeSort]
    [2015-03-13 09:10:53] (ERROR @ /administracja/index.php) [OnHandleRequest]

path /administracja is /manager/
      • 295 Posts
      have you checked the config file in the manager folder to check if any paths are wrong?
      have you cleared core/cache contents manually? and cleared local browser cache?

what was your process when upgrading? before you upgraded did you ensure that all the add-ons were the most up to date?
        • 1,078 Posts
        Is the site on shared hosting?

If you wait a few minutes... does the manager kind of work again? Contact your hosting support and have them investigate if your IP is getting blocked.

In my case — the block was temporary. MODx was making too many requests, and getting my IP blocked. Hosting support did something on their end, and now all functions OK—not as fast as I would like, but OK.
          • 295 Posts
          i dont think it has anything to do with the IP being blocked, if that was the case then pawelmil would have also mentioned the front end doing the same
            • 1,078 Posts
            You may be correct. Worth checking though.

Pawemil: Does the front end load?

• 6 Posts
              I'm seeing this too in 2.3.3. Sometimes when I change from one page to another in the Manager (such as going from a resource to an element of vice versa) Only the top menu bar displays - the one with Content, Media, etc. on it. I see no entries in the log.
                • 35 Posts
                I'm sorry that I didn't answer earlier - I didn't get any notification email about your replies.

Quote from: comp_nerd26 at Mar 27, 2015, 11:48 AM
                have you checked the config file in the manager folder to check if any paths are wrong?
                have you cleared core/cache contents manually? and cleared local browser cache?

what was your process when upgrading? before you upgraded did you ensure that all the add-ons were the most up to date?
                I tried manual clearing of modx cache, browser cache but it happens again. Config is ok, and today I made fresh install and installed few packages-version 2.3.3 - the problem still appears.
                P.S. Sometimes manager page loads only with menu and after refreshing browser with F5 it loads correctly. The problem is that it happens quite often.

Quote from: mmcgee at Mar 27, 2015, 03:07 PM
                You may be correct. Worth checking though.
                Pawemil: Does the front end load?
                Ftontend always load without problem.
                Quote from: mmcgee at Mar 27, 2015, 12:46 PM
                Is the site on shared hosting?
                If you wait a few minutes... does the manager kind of work again? Contact your hosting support and have them investigate if your IP is getting blocked.
                In my case — the block was temporary. MODx was making too many requests, and getting my IP blocked. Hosting support did something on their end, and now all functions OK—not as fast as I would like, but OK.
                I share my server only with few sites. My IP was never blocked in server firewall.
                It also doesn't matter if I go from document to element page.
                I use shared internet connection in office. I start to think that manager can't load page becouse of some kind of packet loss when network is heavy used, but I don't understand what this log entruies mean. Is it possible to check it with some kind of debug?

There is related post about strange log, but according to it the problem should be solved in modx 2.3.3, but as it isn't:
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/92195/modx-2-3-running-slow-and-error-log-filling-up

Does php version matter?

My environment:
                MODX 2.3.3 Php 5.3.29, Apache 2.4.10, MySQL 5.6.12, Debian 7.0 64-bit, Direct Admin panel
                Thanks!
                  • 6 Posts
                  To add to Pawemil's comments.

I clear cache and does not help. Config is setup correctly. All I have to do is hit the refresh button in my browser (Chrome) and the page paints. At this point I have only one site on Modx and it was a new install. I am on my own cable modem with no other users.
                    • 35 Posts
                    I tried adding
                    return;
                    return '';

at the end of Ace plugin with no success.
                    It seems that uninstalling ACE editor solved my problem. I will test it for longer time and I will let you know...
                      • 35 Posts
                      The same problem occurs after installing CodeMirror instead of Ace so it would be Modx issue.