We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 59 Posts
    Hi all. After upgrading from MODx 2.2.13-pl to 2.3.3 I can no longer see any articles inside the manager. I am using MODx Cloud.

What I did was the following:

- Before upgrading MODx I upgraded Articles to the newest version from inside the Manager.
    - Then I upgraded MODx to version 2.3.3 from inside the MODx Cloud interface.
    - Logged in and chose my Articles-container.
    - No articles are visible, but the pagination says it is 400 pages.
    - The articles are visible in the frontend and everything is working great with my site otherwise.
    - If I create a new articles container and start adding articles they are visible.

Which means something in the upgrade broke my existing articles but I can't for the life of me figure out what. Maybe some properties are deprecated?

Anyways: Hope somebody can help as I can't upgrade my clients site untill I get Articles to work. A complete uninstiall and reinstall is not an option as we are talking about thousands of articles.

Regards

rich

This question has been answered by wshawn. See the first response.

[ed. note: rich last edited this post 9 years, 1 month ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      W. Shawn Wilkerson Reply #2, 9 years, 1 month ago
      I had this happen myself on my wife's website. I had to uninstall and reinstall the package. It was looking for /core/components/articles/articles/model instead of /core/components/articles/model.

The reinstall was faster than trying to figure out while it was being registered that way, but it is probably occurring in the plugin which provides the Articles service to MODX.
        Get your copy of MODX Revolution Building the Web Your Way http://www.sanitypress.com/books/modx-revolution-building-the-web-your-way.html

Check out my MODX || xPDO resources here: http://www.shawnwilkerson.com
        • 59 Posts
        Thanks a lot for the reply Shawn. smiley

I will try to do a complete uninstall on reinstall of the package on my localhost. But one question: Do you know if all the articles in the database will be deleted as well when you purge a package? My clients site has more than 10 000 articles and I would rather not have to do write a conversion-script.

Regards

rich
          • 14 Posts
          Quote from: wshawn at Mar 04, 2015, 12:47 PM
          I had this happen myself on my wife's website. I had to uninstall and reinstall the package. It was looking for /core/components/articles/articles/model instead of /core/components/articles/model.

The reinstall was faster than trying to figure out while it was being registered that way, but it is probably occurring in the plugin which provides the Articles service to MODX.

I tried this and the articles still aren's showing up. Any other suggestions?