New Community Forums are coming. Watch this space for news.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hi!

    Thanks for the great looking theme. Trouble is I can't get it working! sad

    I'm using a fresh install of Rev 2.3.3. Everything went ok except a error
    "Could not find action file at: ../update.php"
    somewhere down the line. It didn't seem to affect installation.

    However now I'm stuck. I'm navigating extras -> Configuration and try to Save Configuration I get the message:
    Saving..
    , but nothing happens. I've left it there for hours without result.

    I don't know if this is Modx failing or the theme or a conflict of somekind.
    • I picked up these in error log. Propably during installation..
      • Quote from: esuomi at Mar 20, 2015, 03:05 PM
        I picked up these in error log. Propably during installation..

        Hi. I think you dont have cURL enabled on your server.
          If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.
          J Krishnamurti
        • What makes you think that..? Based on error log or the configuration save symptom?

          From PHP info:

          './configure' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-bz2' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/lib/php.ini.d' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
          • From PHP info:

            curl

            cURL support enabled
            cURL Information 7.38.0
            Age 3
            Features
            AsynchDNS No
            Debug No
            GSS-Negotiate No
            IDN Yes
            IPv6 Yes
            Largefile Yes
            NTLM Yes
            SPNEGO No
            SSL Yes
            SSPI No
            krb4 No
            libz Yes
            CharConv No
            Protocols dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
            Host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
            SSL Version OpenSSL/1.0.1e
            ZLib Version 1.2.3
            • Quote from: esuomi at Mar 21, 2015, 10:35 AM
              From PHP info:

              curl

              cURL support enabled
              cURL Information 7.38.0
              Age 3
              Features
              AsynchDNS No
              Debug No
              GSS-Negotiate No
              IDN Yes
              IPv6 Yes
              Largefile Yes
              NTLM Yes
              SPNEGO No
              SSL Yes
              SSPI No
              krb4 No
              libz Yes
              CharConv No
              Protocols dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
              Host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
              SSL Version OpenSSL/1.0.1e
              ZLib Version 1.2.3


              Maybe this would help:

              http://forums.modx.com/thread/28714/could-not-download-package-at-when-downloading-extras
                If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.
                J Krishnamurti
              • Why would that help? I have no trouble downloading packages. The problem is saving configuration values doesn't do anything. Is there any way to debug this?

                BTW on your installation manual says Quickstart widget's Configuration should lead to same place as 'Extras - configuration'. This doesn't work on me. Configuration button leads to this page:

                • Quote from: esuomi at Mar 21, 2015, 01:35 PM
                  Why would that help? I have no trouble downloading packages. The problem is saving configuration values doesn't do anything. Is there any way to debug this?

                  BTW on your installation manual says Quickstart widget's Configuration should lead to same place as 'Extras - configuration'. This doesn't work on me. Configuration button leads to this page:


                  Is see this in your error log:

                  [2015-03-20 14:43:41] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.

                  I sent you a PM. You can sent me credentials and i can have a look.
                    If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.
                    J Krishnamurti
                  • Quote from: tomek at Mar 21, 2015, 01:45 PM
                    Quote from: esuomi at Mar 21, 2015, 01:35 PM

                    BTW on your installation manual says Quickstart widget's Configuration should lead to same place as 'Extras - configuration'. This doesn't work on me. Configuration button leads to this page:

                    To fix this find chunk dashboard_quickstart_buttons and change url on line 37:

                    <a href="?a=2" title="Main Config">


                      If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem.
                      J Krishnamurti
                    • Ok.

                      Now I have
                      Could not find action file at: controllers/default/index.php
                      on 'Configurations' quickbutton.