We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,

I installed the modx WanChai theme bought on ThemeForest successful but when I go into the modx manager and I'm clicking on an item of the WanChai theme to configure it, I get a blanc screen.

I found on the internet that I have to turn off compress_js and compress_css in the modx_system_settings and deleted already the folder core/cache but it still does not work.

Somebody? [ed. note: bartdedecker last edited this post 9 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 4 Posts
      Where can I check following settings?

"Make sure your php.ini setting sets memory_limit to 128M, and max_execution_time to 120"
      • You should be able to check that in the PHP Info (Manage > Reports > System Info > phpinfo() View). Alternatively, you can check with your hosting provider.

It's also possible you are hitting resource limits and being cut off. Can you tell us more about your hosting?
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 4 Posts
          my site is hosted by One.com and it is not possible for me to increase the max_execution_time to 120.
          Now the max_execution_time is 50...
          Can that be the reason that I get the blanc screen?

Some System Info:

PHP Version 5.6.6

MODX version: MODX Revolution 2.3.3-pl (traditional)
          Version codename: Revolution

Database type: mysql
          Database version: 5.5.41-MariaDB-1~wheezy
          Database charset: utf8

max_execution_time:50
          max_file_uploads:20
          max_input_nesting_level:64
          max_input_time:60
          max_input_vars:5000
          memory_limit:128M
            • 21 Posts
            You should be able to set a custom php.ini file: How To Specify A Custom php.ini Some hosts won't allow you to do that, if not I'd suggest you pull a ticket and have them change it. Let them know that if they refuse you'll have to change hosts.
            • It's very possible your hosts limitations are causing your problem. You may want to try the website on another host to confirm, if you would like I can provide you with some test space.
                Patrick | Server Wrangler
                About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                • 4 Posts
                Yep the hosting limitations were the problem. I changed the hosting to Site5. Problem solved.