We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 793 Posts
    Do you really mean [[*parent]], not [[+parent]]? Or [[UltimateParent]] ?

How are the resources 3 and 17 related to the tree you showed us?
      • 290 Posts
      Good catch, and yes it's just a typo in the example.
        • 290 Posts
        Quote from: ottogal at Feb 23, 2015, 07:52 PM
        Do you really mean [[*parent]], not [[+parent]]? Or [[UltimateParent]] ?
        You're right, it's probably [[+..]]. However, this dumps an array in place of the nav element.

Quote from: ottogal at Feb 23, 2015, 07:52 PM
        How are the resources 3 and 17 related to the tree you showed us?
        They're each unnested ultimate parents of site section.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Usually an array in the output means that getResources couldn't find the chunk specified in &tpl.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 793 Posts
            It seems there is a bug with &categoryFoldersTpl in general (apart from the conditional problem).

Find attached a screenshot of the output for a test tree. Both the CatFolder and all the Sibling resources have got the link attribute rel="category". All are using the same page template, containing this Wayfinder call:
            [[Wayfinder? &startId=`1` &categoryFoldersTpl=`templateA`]]

where templateA is the name of the following chunk:
            <li><strong>[[+pagetitle]]</strong>[[+wf.wrapper]]</li>

As you see in the screenshot, not all of the "category" items are rendered with the templateA - in a unpredictable way.

It might be that it's a problem with duplicating resources - what I did creating the tree, of course.

Edit:
            MODX 2.3.1-pl (traditional)
            Wayfinder 2.3.3-pl [ed. note: ottogal last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
              • 290 Posts
              Quote from: ottogal at Feb 24, 2015, 10:57 AM
              It seems there is a bug with &categoryFoldersTpl in general (apart from the conditional problem).

Find attached a screenshot of the output for a test tree. Both the CatFolder and all the Sibling resources have got the link attribute rel="category". All are using the same page template, containing this Wayfinder call:
              [[Wayfinder? &startId=`1` &categoryFoldersTpl=`templateA`]]

where templateA is the name of the following chunk:
              <li><strong>[[+pagetitle]]</strong>[[+wf.wrapper]]</li>

As you see in the screenshot, not all of the "category" items are rendered with the templateA - in a unpredictable way.

It might be that it's a problem with duplicating resources - what I did creating the tree, of course.

Edit:
              MODX 2.3.1-pl (traditional)
              Wayfinder 2.3.3-pl

I have not found this particular bug, but can add that when the resource that's designated as the CatFolder is the active parent, Wayfinder passes over the categoryFoldersTpl and uses the activeParent tpl instead. In my particular scenario, this is problematic because my respective templates use different HTML.