We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 315 Posts
    Hi All,

I'm not one to do something that may be of benefit to others. I tend to write things that are helpful for my current employer.

I worked on this code just prior to last years World Cup tournament and released it upon my work colleagues. It went down rather well so I've been slowly (very) tweaking and adjusting the program so it can be a little more user friendly with a lot more scope that it originally started with.

The program is basically a football prediction game. You use a current football tournament and create the game fixtures and then allow the users to predict the game results.

Yes, there are other games out there but I wanted to have some control over it and do it in house with our intranet. The game worked well and it came in very handy for some laughs during the tournament.

I'm wondering whether anyone else would be interested in this, if so I would be happy to finish off some documentation so you can install it on your own site.

Name: Football Prediction Code
    Version: 0.01
    Made for: Modx Evolution 1.0.14+ (it may well work on lower versions)

Description:
    You can create as many tournaments as you wish which can run concurrently.
    Users can create any number of leagues within the tournament.
    Users can join any number of leagues.
    Predictions become fixed once the game starts.
    Points are calculated when a result is entered.
    League tables are generated on the fly which include last positions.
    Points are scored for correct results, correct winner and number of goals, correct number of goals, correct winner (points are not accumulative).

I've tried to attached the rar file but it won't take the post. I will add a link to my file later. It's rather late in the UK.
      BBloke