We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 45 Posts
    Hello,

Hope this is going in the correct place but here goes...

I have a few websites with a few users that have been going on for a while now. I wanted to tidy it up so that I could put certain templates, TV's, chunks, whatever i need to, into a certain category and then hide it from users that dont need to see it anymore.

I used this guide to do it: http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/security/security-tutorials/restricting-an-element-from-users

Now that worked all fine and dandy but then one of the users who I applied the changes to came back to me and reported that in articles (the MODX blogging extra) she couldn't access any template variables at all...

In other, normal resources, only the template variables not in the category I have hidden are shown, which is exactly what I want...but in an articles resource...it removes the template variable tab entirely...I'm not really sure why or how to go about solving it.

I am using MODX Revo 2.3.3 (one or 2 still on 2.3.2 but the same problem still applies)

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

Matt