We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Ok I asked my friend to put titles in the post view, under the author's name and avatar

[[+author.user:ismember=`Administrator`:then=`<div>Admin</div>
    `:else=`
    [[+author.user:ismember=`Forum Moderators`:then=`<div>Moderator</div>
    `:else=`
    [[+author.posts:gt=`0`:and:lte=`8`:then=`<div>One</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`8`:and:lte=`18`:then=`<div>Two</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`18`:and:lte=`33`:then=`<div>Three</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`33`:and:lte=`50`:then=`<div>Four</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`50`:and:lte=`65`:then=`<div>Five</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`65`:and:lte=`85`:then=`<div>Six</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`85`:and:lte=`105`:then=`<div>Seven</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`105`:and:lte=`125`:then=`<div>Eight</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`125`:and:lte=`150`:then=`<div>Nine</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`150`:and:lte=`180`:then=`<div>Tenr</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`180`:and:lte=`205`:then=`<div>Eleven</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`205`:and:lte=`235`:then=`<div>Twelve</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`235`:and:lte=`270`:then=`<div>Thirteen</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`270`:and:lte=`310`:then=`<div>Fourteen</div>`]]
    [[+author.posts:gt=`310`:and:lte=`9990`:then=`<div>Fifteen</div>`]]
    `]]
    `]] 

I geared it really low at first to encourage those critical first 10 messages, and then stretched the marginal benefits. I know its not in a straight line, sorry if you math people feel disturbed by the randomness in the later stages smiley

My friend said the biggest hassle was figuring out the author.user code, it isn't very natural. Also I didn't ask him to put this in the profile page, I doubt that will be hard.

I also put little gif images in the post view so our users can have some swag, did I post that or not? If anyone needs it, just let me know. I was busy for awhile but now its all Discuss, all the time for 3 months or so ;-) Right after I get a good rest during the CNY that's about to start.
      • 66 Posts
      Great work Andrew! I was thinking about something to incorporate it into my forum as well the other day. I love it and I am interested in the little images smiley. [ed. note: gormytorysh last edited this post 8 years, 11 months ago.]
        • 1,154 Posts
        Hey long time no talk, how have you been? Your site is looking better and better!

Yeah this one is good, we knew the system was giving us number of posts, so we can use that to make both titles and icons, and it was easy to also put it in the profile view.

Ah I didn't realize I didn't post the code for the icons. I just had a local art student make some custom images, but we could have used some stock images found online. Here is the code my friend wrote:

[[+posts:gt=`0`:and:lte=`5`:then=`<div class="s1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`5`:and:lte=`10`:then=`<div class="s2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`10`:and:lte=`15`:then=`<div class="sp1"></div><div class="s1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`15`:and:lte=`20`:then=`<div class="sp2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`20`:and:lte=`30`:then=`<div class="st1"></div><div class="sp1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`30`:and:lte=`40`:then=`<div class="st2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`40`:and:lte=`50`:then=`<div class="gt1"></div><div class="st1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`50`:and:lte=`75`:then=`<div class="gt2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`75`:and:lte=`100`:then=`<div class="ft1"></div><div class="gt1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`100`:and:lte=`120`:then=`<div class="ft2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`120`:and:lte=`140`:then=`<div class="ga1"></div><div class="ft1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`140`:and:lte=`160`:then=`<div class="ga2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`160`:and:lte=`180`:then=`<div class="rat1"></div><div class="ga1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`180`:and:lte=`200`:then=`<div class="rat2"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`200`:and:lte=`220`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`220`:and:lte=`240`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="s1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`240`:and:lte=`270`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="sp1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`270`:and:lte=`300`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="st1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`300`:and:lte=`350`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="gt1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`350`:and:lte=`400`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="ft1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`400`:and:lte=`500`:then=`<div class="glt1"></div><div class="rat1"></div>`]]
        [[+posts:gt=`500`:and:lte=`600`:then=`<div class="glt2"></div>`]]

Let me know if you need the css for these classes, I can find it somewhere.
          • 66 Posts
          Many thanks. Will try to sort it tonight.

Other than that, how are you? I've been very busy with work so I did not get the chance to work much on my website. Mostly improvements are behind the scenes or did not satisfy my needs in the end. You've been busy as well I see!
            • 1,154 Posts
            Yeah things are going ok, its the first big step for this site, although its really the second step, but it was a much bigger production. I do have users but not many, and I need ads asap.

So overall I am happy with it, now my problems are mostly non-technical now, there are some things I want to do but users are much more important now.