We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 31 Posts
    I moved my site to a new server. I installed it again and then loaded my old Mysql backup into it.

I can access the main page of the manager, system settings, i can edit templates and template variables.

But i get a blank page at: editing resources and chunks.

(when i edit a "weblink" resource however, it works fine)

EDIT: now the manager works only the website itself is blank page, see my other posts [ed. note: yellow89 last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
    • Did you upload new modx.zip (same version as you are running) and re-run setup after the move? This is essential on most server moves. Make sure to follow all the instructions here:

http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/administering-your-site/moving-your-site-to-a-new-server

Even so, you may still see a blank manager. Blank manager pages are often repaired by turning compress_css and compress_js off either in the settings, or if system settings are not accessible from the manager, in the database table system_settings. Set both to 0, or OFF and delete all the files in your core/cache folder. Reload the MODX manager.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 31 Posts
        yes i did a new install with the same clean install as the other site
        =====

it works, i had to upload some files of my backup that weren't in the new install.

now i have a blank page when i go to my site though
        • Re-install MODX. But fetch a new copy of the version of MODX that you're currently running from http://modx.com. Re-installing can't hurt, and often helps.

Don't trust a previous "clean install". IDK why, but not downloading and using a fresh copy of MODX-current-version.zip has cost me hours more times than can count. Corrupted files exist apparently.
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 31 Posts
            But i mean, i installed the same fresh copy as i did with my previous site. That's what you are saying right?

Or are you saying i should re-install with the backup (with add-ons etc) i have of my other site?

• You will want to move all your files from the current site to the new site including the Extras, so basically you need the entire site's files (upload everything, including the MODX files).

Then download a copy of the same version of MODX as the site uses at http://modx.com, upload that .zip file to the server via your file manager (on the server, not FTP), unpack the file to a new folder and copy/move/merge (whatever your file manager's options are) the files into the site root. Then re-run setup (yoursite.com/setup in your browser).

See the link I sent to the documentation, the process is shown there.

• 31 Posts
                ok this is what i did:

1. Upload all the files of my old site to the new server (FTP)
                2. Inserted the old Mysql database stuff into the new database
                3. Unpacked the zip file of the clean install through file manager, then copied them into the root
                4. The did an upgrade install (before that i logged out of the manager)

Everything seems to work in the manager now, except that the site gives me a blank page: http://commandeurconsultancy.com/en/

EDIT: the content is empty of the migx template variables is now empty, although they are stored in the db..
                and when i post something in the content field, it stays empty on the site
                EDIT2: strange, it is loading the Espanish Template Variables from the DB, but the English template variables are empty (im using migx multilang addon) [ed. note: yellow89 last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
                  • 196 Posts
                  Hi,

Blank page without content = 500 internal server error in most cases. If so, PHP error_log should have records for it. Please check it out.

You can also cleate simple utility snippet with the following content:
                  <?php
                  error_reporting(E_ALL); 
                  ini_set("display_errors", 1);

, and place it on the first line of your template. After that, you should be able to see error reporting in the browser.
                    • 31 Posts
                    i guess, it doesnt load the template files in the site yet for some reason, because when i do that it's still blank

so strange it only load the Spanish TV's and not the English TV's, it doesnt make any sense..

EDIT: I imported my old mysql database, and now i can also read the English TV's in the manager, still the blank website.. [ed. note: yellow89 last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
                      • 31 Posts
                      when i add "php_flag display_errors on" on the htaccess file..

i get this on the blank website:

" Error occurred: 500 - internal server error"