We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    First of all the links work fine with friendly URLs turned off.

On this page for example: /industrial/blastequipment/blast-cabinets there is a list of products with a thumbnail and a link to the product's page. Instead of linking to /industrial/blastequipment/blast-cabinets/product it is trying to link to /industrial/blastequipment/industrial/blastequipment/blast-cabinets/product, so it is duplicating the /industrial/blastequipment/ part of the link.

Also if I type in the correct friendly path it works and I have files and images that are not showing up because the path is wrong. For example a link to a document is linking to /industrial/blastequipment/blast-cabinets/assets/files/file.pdf instead of /assets/files/mullenElectricBill.pdf

Any issue what could be causing this? It only happens when it gets to this depth, before that links work fine.

Thanks!
    Steve
      • 953 Posts
      The typical questions that will probably be asked:

1) is the .htaccess file correctly setup ? (rewritebase - root "/" or folder "/foldername")
      2) is the system in a subfolder or root
      3) cache in browser been cleared
      4) cached documents been cleared
      5) do you have custom rules in your .htaccess file

I must admit - I had a similar problem a long time back and recall the problem was a custom re-write rule.
        • 61 Posts
        Thanks for the reply.

.htaccess file has: RewriteBase /
        System is in root.
        Browser cache has been cleared
        cached docs cleared from within manager
        .htaccess is the stock file modx comes with.