We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    I am building myself a site and have found Tagger to be fantastic. My understanding is that by using a separate table it should in theory be faster than using TV's. Is that right?

My setup for Tagger has it displaying as a pseudo hierarchy, which was really easy to set up. I'm wondering if it would be possible to combine the following calls into a snippet, or series of snippets to speed things up?

[[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &groups=`1`]]  »  
    [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &groups=`2`]]  »  
    [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-placeTags` &separator=`  `&groups=`3`]]<br /><br />
    [[TaggerGetTags? &resources=`[[*id]]` &rowTpl=`tpl-subjectTags` &separator=`   `&groups=`4`]]

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my php skills are negligible.

Thanks
      • 12 Posts
      Hello,

We are having this issue as well, with a similar set up. Any advice on how to make this page load faster would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 24,544 Posts
        Have you tried one Tagger call with &groups=`1,2,3,4` ?
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting