We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    I was not able to get Gallery working as it used to for a long time. I decided to give it a new try today.

Since upgrading my dev environment to 2.3.3-pl was not improving the situation, I decided to reinstall MODX 2.3.3-pl from scratch in a directory directly under DOC_ROOT. The procedure was straightforward : unzip the MODX directory, create an empty MySQL database, install MODX with the setup installation script, install Gallery though the admin UI, create a first album (OK), upload a picture (OK) and check the album in the Gallery admin view...
    Once again all images were broken.
    The reason is the generated URL was a call to the connector.php script with a wrong src parameter: path was in the form /URL_PATH_TO_MODX//URL_PATH_TO_MODX/assets/galley/1/1.jpg.

I played with the Gallery configuration and modified 3 things:

• Created a new media source called Gallery of type Gallery Albums and using this media source for the gallery.mediaSource parameter
    • Changed the value of gallery.files_path from [[++assets_path]]gallery/ to /assets/gallery/
    • Changed the value of gallery.files_url from [[++assets_path]]gallery/ to /assets/gallery/

And then, Gallery was finally working fine.

Why did I have to do such a modification in the default configuration? Should not the default configuration be working right from the start?
      • 99 Posts
      Gros bonnet de la COGIP Reply #2, 9 years, 1 month ago
      I have the same problem upgrading Revo2.2.4 to Revo2.3.3.

I'm very interested by the answer smiley