We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    This seems like it should be simple, but I've been consistently getting nowhere for hours now!

I want to be able to set up the tags properly on my articles pages, but I am really struggling. I have read various forum posts and the rather limited official documentation but it has not go me anywhere.

I can successfully list on my individual article page the list of tags for that article using:

[[!toLinks? &items=`[[*articlestags]]` &target=`321`]]

This provides a set of links in the format: "../tag-results.html?tag=[tag name]&key=tags This is correctly targeted at resource 321, my tag-results.html page.

However, whatever I try, I have simply been unable to actually show the list of the articles using a specific tag on the results page - it simply remains blank. This is an area where I think the documentation is particularly weak/confusing. It is not intuitive at all..

Can someone provide a step-by-step approach? I'm sure it would be a great help to others as well as me! [ed. note: neiltipton last edited this post 9 years, 2 months ago.]
      • 43 Posts
      Quote from: neiltipton at Jan 29, 2015, 04:26 PM
      This seems like it should be simple, but I've been consistently getting nowhere for hours now!

I want to be able to set up the tags properly on my articles pages, but I am really struggling. I have read various forum posts and the rather limited official documentation but it has not go me anywhere.

I can successfully list on my individual article page the list of tags for that article using:

[[!toLinks? &items=`[[*articlestags]]` &target=`321`]]

This provides a set of links in the format: "../tag-results.html?tag=[tag name]&key=tags This is correctly targeted at resource 321, my tag-results.html page.

However, whatever I try, I have simply been unable to actually show the list of the articles using a specific tag on the results page - it simply remains blank. This is an area where I think the documentation is particularly weak/confusing. It is not intuitive at all..

Can someone provide a step-by-step approach? I'm sure it would be a great help to others as well as me!

Hi neiltipton

you need to add

[[!getResourcesTag? &parents=`1,2,3,4` &tagKey=`blog-tags` &toPlaceholder=`results` &tpl=`tpl_result`]]
      <ul>
      [[!+results]]
      </ul>

in your 321 resource, with your information obviously,

later in you `tpl_result` chunk, you should put this:

<li>
      <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a>
      </li>

I hope this help smiley
        @yulianita