We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi there,

I am trying to make the SimpleSearch work on my website. The problem is that I want to include the search form in the top menu.
    The top menu is generated with Wayfinder, so I put the placeholder for Simple Search Form in the chunk for outer containter for WF menu ([[!SimpleSearchForm? &landing=`10`]]).

The thing is that it redirects me to the landing page for search results, but the only thing I get displayed is :
    "There were no search results for the search "". Please try using more general terms to get more results."

When i put the same [[!SimpleSearchForm? &landing=`10`]] in a page template, it works without problems (I get redirected and results are correctly displayed).

I even tried to create custom chunk for Search form and then use &searchIndex=`my_custom_search_field` in the page with results but no luck.

I am using MODX Revolution 2.3.2-pl and SimpleSearch 1.9.1-pl

Can anybody help me out ? Any idea why its not working ?
    Thanks in advance.

This question has been answered by filipbaf. See the first response.

[ed. note: filipbaf last edited this post 9 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 1,145 Posts
      Try calling it ¡cached when in the chunk, if your Wayfinder call is !uncached, or whatever it is that is the wrapper.
       [[SimpleSearchForm? &landing=`10`]] 
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 3 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 16, 2015, 01:11 AM
         [[SimpleSearchForm? &landing=`10`]] 

Hey, thanks for the answer, but I tried and it's not working. In both (cached, uncached) calls I noticed that after submiting the search and after the redirect to page with search results if I try to submit the search again here it works.

Any other idea where the problem could be ?
          • 24,544 Posts
          I don't see why that wouldn't work, but if SimpleSearch could be the last menu choice, you could make it appear to be part of the Menu but have it as a separate tag in the template.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • discuss.answer
            • 3 Posts
            Sorry guys, completely my mistake, I didn't notice that I put the SimpleSearchForm placeholder inside form tag.

Now, everything is working without any problems. Again sorry for wasting your time.